By Mark Foister 1231276
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:
Mark Foister 1231276 wrote:
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I would imagine that's a problem with the shared cockpit feature of the aircraft you're using, not vPilot. I'd ask in the relevant aircraft developer's forum.

We are using the SP3 Airbus, So i don't see a problem

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement ... can you elaborate?

We are using the new service pack by aerosoft for the a318 - a321 connected flight deck, Everyone is using it :)
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Mark Foister 1231276 wrote:Everyone is using it :)

Is 'everyone' successfully using it in a mixed-simulator environment for cockpit sharing? If yes, then the problem is likely isolated with your friend's setup. If no, then that's not really a valid data point (read: likely overstated generalization).

It's possible that the crash report might even further identify where the error is (or is not). Can you post the crash report generated by Windows?
By Ross Carlson 887155
Mark Foister 1231276 wrote:We are using the new service pack by aerosoft for the a318 - a321 connected flight deck, Everyone is using it :)

Okay ... I still don't see what that has to do with my suggestion to contact the developers.

To reiterate, I don't see that this would be a vPilot problem, at least not with the observer mode change. The changes I made to vPilot to enable observer mode could not possibly cause the simulator to crash.

When you say his sim crashes a few seconds after he connects, are you talking about when he connects to VATSIM, or when he connects to you to share the cockpit?
By Mark Foister 1231276
Bradley Grafelman 1242018 wrote:
Mark Foister 1231276 wrote:Everyone is using it :)

Is 'everyone' successfully using it in a mixed-simulator environment for cockpit sharing? If yes, then the problem is likely isolated with your friend's setup. If no, then that's not really a valid data point (read: likely overstated generalization).

It's possible that the crash report might even further identify where the error is (or is not). Can you post the crash report generated by Windows?

It does not crash my end, My FSX stays ok, so i know it's not me, I mean like i said, I use FSX and he uses P3D, so i am wondering if it is something to do with using different simulators maybe ?

His P3D crashes and my FSX stays ok
By Ross Carlson 887155
#485766 When you say his sim crashes a few seconds after he connects, are you talking about when he connects to VATSIM, or when he connects to you to share the cockpit?
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Mark Foister 1231276 wrote:When he connects to vatsim

Did he try connecting again in the same location but without the shared cockpit? Perhaps it's just a broken model he has enabled that was being drawn for nearby VATSIM traffic?
By Ross Carlson 887155
#485770 As Bradley suggested, it's probably a problem with a corrupt model causing P3D to crash. Lots of the IVAO models can cause that problem with P3D even if they don't for FSX. Probably other model sets can cause the same issue.
By Will Reynolds 1097663
Mark Foister 1231276 wrote:Hi there,

My Vpilot is totally fine, But when me and friend try to connectto VATSIM , I use FSX and he uses P3D and his sim crashes but mine stays fine. He will literally connect and then after 4 seconds his P3D will crash but mine don't. Maybe it's just a bug ?

Thanks

Mark, there are a few people posting about crashes with 1.3C version of the Airbus. You may need to isolate the incident. Try both you and your friend doing circuits without shared cockpit and without connecting to Vatsim. If you have no issues after about 10 minutes, try connecting to VATSIM without shared cockpit.

If that works, then try shared cockpit without VPilot

If that works ok, then try shared cockpit with Vpilot

It really is the only way to properly isolate the issue. The patch 1.3C is cumulative, but a lot of people are skipping parts of the installation, such as rebooting the PC, and it is causing issues.

Hope you can get it sorted soon
By Panagiotis Konstantinidis 1180849
#485792 I did the first test flight today, I was connected as OBS on a networked setup.

Everything worked like a charm, except the jerky movement of the one online traffic we had at the departure airport, while he was taxing to the gate. It looked like the jerky movement we had back on the initial release, when we were running vPilot on a networked, remote computer.

Overall, great work Ross, thank you very much!
By Ross Carlson 887155
Panagiotis Konstantinidis 1180849 wrote:I did the first test flight today, I was connected as OBS on a networked setup.

Everything worked like a charm, except the jerky movement of the one online traffic we had at the departure airport, while he was taxing to the gate. It looked like the jerky movement we had back on the initial release, when we were running vPilot on a networked, remote computer.

Overall, great work Ross, thank you very much!

Thanks for the feedback, however ... using vPilot in observer mode would have no effect on the smooth movement of traffic. Are you still using vPilot in a networked configuration? If so, make sure you install the latest version on BOTH computers. Both the main vPilot app and the TrafficProxy need to be running the same version.
By Panagiotis Konstantinidis 1180849
#485830 Hello Ross, I'm running version 1.1.5587.30908 on both computers.
Sometimes I'm using only one computer ( when my son hijacks the cockpit :P ) and sometimes I'm using both, networked.

The fact is we met only one aircraft during our test, so it may be random after all. I didn't had the chance to observe more online traffic. Maybe it was network lag on the remote pilot end, maybe it was lag on my end. Next week I'll do more experiments, no free time at all until then :(

EDIT: Well, thinking of it again, I may forgot to start the TrafficProxy on the FSX computer and maybe that's the reason for the induced jerky movement (pre - TrafficProxy, as described above). I'm not sure yet, but probably it was my mistake after all :)
By Magnus Meese 997444
#485971 The only problem I can find is that the observer gets a syntax error when he tries to transmit via text, and the message won't be transmitted. Not a huge flaw, since you can just make sure the PF is connected as observer, so the PNF can take care of text coms (unicom).

Otherwise a job very well done on the update, it's super to have continous expansion of the software capability :)
By Ross Carlson 887155
Magnus Meese 997444 wrote:The only problem I can find is that the observer gets a syntax error when he tries to transmit via text, and the message won't be transmitted. Not a huge flaw, since you can just make sure the PF is connected as observer, so the PNF can take care of text coms (unicom).

Yeah, VATSIM servers do not accept text radio transmissions from observer connections. I'll update vPilot so that it shows a more meaningful message instead of the syntax error. Thanks.