By Ross Carlson 887155
#496889 Okay, thanks. Sounds like vPilot will be much different, and much less obtrusive. Let me know if you want to test out 2.0 when it's ready for testing.
By Jon Story 1357003
#500056 If I could make a suggestion:

It would be nice to have a better description of what model matching is and how it works. Even if there was just a link from the settings page to a tutorial or guide of some description to give an idea of what it is and how to set it up.

I took one look at it and went "Okay, I have no idea what this even is" - I get that it tries to match models, but I'm clueless on how to acquire the models or where to put them and what to do from that point, while vPilot seems to assume you already know exactly what to do.

Even if the guide isn't comprehensive, it could at least be a starting point - the point I'm making is that a link to it from the software would be nice

For example the FAQ states:

Q: What's the number one issue people have with vPilot so far?
A: Failure to read the documentation and the vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide, especially the sections on model matching!

True, and I'd say that was my number one issue too... but I had no idea where to find the FAQ etc :)
By Ernesto Alvarez 818262
#503239 FSINN has features that are not supported by the network currently, the voice unicom being one

Ross has submitted a proposal to the VATSIM BOD for approval, if that happens, he has said in the past that he will add it. he wont add features though that the network doesnt support

the FSINN team added that feature because FSINN was not a VATSIM only client, other networks also used it which did have their own voice features
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Christopher Flett 1349312 wrote:Just don't understand why Vatsim doesnt support this when ctaf comms is used around the world in uncontrolled airspace.

Probably because they cater to everyone - including those who can't or won't use voice comms.
By Ross Carlson 887155
david lomas 1088674 wrote:could you tell me when this update will be available for download

It will be available 5 months ago. :)

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=70966