By Don Desfosse 1035677
#496918 As Ross mentioned in his thread announcing vPilot v2.0,new functionality requests should be posted in a separate topic. I've opened this topic to capture ideas/suggestions/requests.

One request I have is a button in the flight plan window that swaps the contents of the departure and arrival airport fields for folks like me that often do a round trip.

One thought that I had and figured I'd float, based on a few recent threads where students don't have the ability to influence university port settings would be an alternative to requiring port forwarding. I'm not a network engineer, so don't know if some kind of uPnP scheme would be an option, but figured I'd throw the idea out there to see if any smarter folks could carry on the brainstorm.
By Ross Carlson 887155
Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:I don't know how much it would be possible, but Euroscope's Tower View possibility in vPilot 2 would be really awesome. I just can't get FSInn to work here.

I'm planning to have an option to enter an IP address for tower view connections provided by vSTARS. It should also work with ES, but I don't know for sure.
By David Zhong 1027224
Don Desfosse 1035677 wrote:One thought that I had and figured I'd float, based on a few recent threads where students don't have the ability to influence university port settings would be an alternative to requiring port forwarding. I'm not a network engineer, so don't know if some kind of uPnP scheme would be an option, but figured I'd throw the idea out there to see if any smarter folks could carry on the brainstorm.

What is the issue at hand? I don't use any port forwarding with VATSIM and everything works (except G-G comms in the controller client).
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#497228 I've seen a recent increase of folks that may participate in a university environment that cannot use VATSIM reliably because they don't have the ability to effect port forwarding (and the university won't allow it). May not be possible/practical, but just tossing it out there as a thought.
By David Zhong 1027224
#497336 Don, I assume you are referring to this issue: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=69758

The way to fix this is to get the voice servers/clients to send "keep alive" packets. The voice protocol runs off UDP which is a connectionless protocol. Routers add an entry to the routing table when the client first sends a packet, but the router doesn't know when the "connection" has come to an end, so it has a timeout. If no packets are seen within a certain time, the router will delete the routing entry. I would have thought that it would be fairly painless to have the client send empty packets to the server at frequent intervals and to ensure that the server ignores these.
By Niklas Osbahr 1244675
#497821 Hi. I have a homecockpit with two headsets.
There are two requests: Is it possible to set up two headsets? I know that there are double stereo types but I am using USB.

And the second: Is it than possible that headset one is on com1 and headset two on com2?

Thanks ;)
By Magnus Meese 997444
#497829 Niklas, I have no idea how it's done or what the price tag is, but this simulator has a linked headset setup that provides intercom for 3 stations ("jumpseat" as well), pluss the ability for either pilot to transmit through vPilot. You could try to reach out to the owner and ask about it.
By Niklas Osbahr 1244675
#497837 I guess that he do not have USB Headsets. With to "normal" headsets there will not be any Problem!
So I do not know if it is so complicated to impliment a second in and output also for just one com(but I guess they can be both parallel with one headset).
By Ross Carlson 887155
#497849 It would involve having a second area in the config for choosing the audio device, calibrating the mic, and setting a PTT. I would then have to modify the code that watches for PTT presses and have it look for two different ones. Not terribly complicated but it would be a non-trivial amount of work to add a feature that VERY few users would benefit from.

Buy me a full two-place home cockpit setup and I'll definitely do it. :)