By Ross Carlson 887155
Christopher Flett 1349312 wrote:CTAF Voice functionality in VPilot (As FSInn/FSCopilot do) please. AS this enables us Aussie pilots to be able to use a much more stable program and still use CTAF in uncontrolled airspace.

This has been requested many times, and my answer has always been the same. I will implement voice CTAF/UNICOM in vPilot once there is a method that is officially endorsed by VATSIM. A feature like that needs to be standardized on the network, not just brought about on the whim of a single developer. That way all users can benefit, rather than just the users of a single client.

To that end, I have recently drafted a proposal for an official voice CTAF structure and submitted it to the BoG. It was discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=70437
By yoni revivo 874300
#504006 Sorry if this already had been asked before but why v2 does not allow callsign with number prefix and dashes?
for example:
4X-CHM

Thanks,
And great software btw. 8)
Last edited by yoni revivo 874300 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
yoni revivo 874300 wrote:Sorry if this already have been asked before but why v2 does not allow callsign with number prefix and dashes?

The only thing it filters out is the dash/hyphen - a character that shouldn't be part of the callsign (or, for example, appear on an actual flight plan).
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
#504009 Interesting. That's certainly not a VATSIM network limitation.

Might need Ross to chime in on this. It's perhaps just an over-restrictive requirement within vPilot that he can remove.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#504013 At some point I had learned that aircraft registrations always start with a letter ... I guess that's no longer (or never was) the case. I'll update it.
By Ross Carlson 887155
yoni revivo 874300 wrote:Sorry if this already had been asked before but why v2 does not allow callsign with number prefix and dashes?
for example:
4X-CHM

I have updated the code to allow a number prefix. This will be available in the next 2.0 beta release, coming soon.
By Zach Biesse-Fitton 1217663
#506039 Ross, would it be possible to add the ability to connect to a user-defined voice room? Much like SquawkBox is able to? I know there's a lot of people out there on P3D who would appreciate this functionality.

No, I'm not asking for voice unicom..
By Ian Niblo 823150
#521431 Would be great if the main screen could be re-sized.

I tend to have vPilot on my lower EICAS which is too small to show the whole width of the vPilot form, even at max screen resolution, so I always have one side or another of the form hanging off-screen*. It would be useful if the form could be re-sizable and even better if the the ATC could be undocked?

Cheers for all your hard work!

Regards

Ian

* My Lower EICAS is a flat screen monitor that sits in a pedestal, so quite a bit of the desktop is obscured.
By Morten Jelle 1012739
#521440 You are able to resize the window? Or is it not enough for your screen? :) What about changing the monitor resolution?
By Ian Niblo 823150
#521458 Hi Morten,

I'm running the monitor at its highest resolution but have to choose between seeing one end of the vPilot form (with the ATC list) or the other (with the radio information). It does resize but only to a certain extent so I still lose some of it.

Perhaps the radio info could be put above the ATC window so that the form could be resized further? I much prefer its single screen approach over FSInn's multi screens, but the lower EICAS is only so big.

Regards

Ian
By Ross Carlson 887155
#521466 Hi Ian,

I understand your request, but you need to realize that yours is a special case. Most users aren't trying to run vPilot in a small EICAS screen. It would not make sense for me to spend time reworking the UI for such a rare use case.
By Ian Niblo 823150
#521468 Of course - quite understand. Thanks for replying.

Regards

Ian