By Ross Carlson 887155
#511628 Looks like the problem is that you have a duplicate simobjectspaths definition in your cfg file:

Code: Select allSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

You see how the last two lines both have 7 as their index? The later one is overwriting the earlier one. That's why vPilot sees the SODE path but not the MyTraffic path.

Change the last one to an eight and then the MyTraffic models should be recognized by vPilot. Like this:

Code: Select allSimObjectPaths.7="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
By Zsolt Monostori 1222361
#515193 Hello guys,

I believe I have a somewhat similar problem. I'd appreciate if you could help me out.

Just installed Prepar 3D v4 as well as the most recent VPilot release 2.1.6.0 in order to be able to see other users while flying online.

My AI package is MyTraffic 6. I managed to install MyTraffic 6 into Prepar3D v4 by creating an add-on.xml file and it does work fine. But for some reason Vpilot does not recognize any of these models. In fact their folder is not even in the Model Matching list under the "Advanced" menu, where, only the Simobjects/Airplanes folder shows up.

MyTraffic installed its models outside of this folder, in my particular case, into E:/MyTraffic Professional/MyTraffic/Aircraft folder. Is there any way to get Vpilot recognize and scan this folder so that it is added to the Model Matching choices?

Thank you kindly for your assistance!
By Ross Carlson 887155
#515198 vPilot scans your SimObjects.cfg file to find all the locations where models are stored. You need to add an entry there. It doesn't know anything about the add-on.xml file.
By Fachryan Nugraha 1373482
Zsolt Monostori 1222361 wrote:Hello guys,

I believe I have a somewhat similar problem. I'd appreciate if you could help me out.

Just installed Prepar 3D v4 as well as the most recent VPilot release 2.1.6.0 in order to be able to see other users while flying online.

My AI package is MyTraffic 6. I managed to install MyTraffic 6 into Prepar3D v4 by creating an add-on.xml file and it does work fine. But for some reason Vpilot does not recognize any of these models. In fact their folder is not even in the Model Matching list under the "Advanced" menu, where, only the Simobjects/Airplanes folder shows up.

MyTraffic installed its models outside of this folder, in my particular case, into E:/MyTraffic Professional/MyTraffic/Aircraft folder. Is there any way to get Vpilot recognize and scan this folder so that it is added to the Model Matching choices?

Thank you kindly for your assistance!

you need to put this entry in your simobject.cfg

[Entry.XX]
Title=My Traffic
Path=X:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

its work for me
By Georgi Bonchin 1394205
#515539 Hi Guys,
May I ask a similar question here? I am using mainly Aerosoft A320/321 models in my SIM. It was noticed that none of these planes were identified by vPilot. They are in SimObjects folder, registered as airplanes, but no identification.
Any idea?
By Ross Carlson 887155
#515544 vPilot does not use the Aerosoft models since they are way too complex and will kill your frame rates. You only want to use models designed for AI aircraft such as World of AI, MyTraffic, Ultimate Traffic, etc.
By Georgi Bonchin 1394205
#515562 I am quite confused. Sorry. What if I want to use Aerosoft models? Does it affect the performance of vPilot or the frame rate of the SIM only?
The reason for asking all this is because I am facing connection problems from the first time when started using the software. It might be Internet related, but maybe something else after reading this.
By Lantz Wagner 1328136
#518751 I've read through this thread, thought it would help, but no luck so far. So here is my issue.

I've upgraded to P3D V4.1. I've successfuly installed My Traffic 6a and it displays aircraft correctly in P3D. My issue is that vPilot (latest stable edition) is not finding and adding My Traffic 6a's aircraft. I've looked under vPilot Settings/Model Matching/Advanced and verified no "My Traffic" aircraft are listed. My simobjects.cfg file has the following as the final entries:
[Entry.9]
Title=Default Countermeasures
Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Aircraft
Path=C:MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

The paths are correct for my installation.
I've added the following .xml file to my User/Documents/Prepar3d v4 Add-ons/My Traffic6 folder to get My Traffic 6a to load:
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="3,3" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic 6.0a</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
<Name>MyTrafficScenery</Name>
<Layer>114</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Can someone tell me why P3D can see and load My Traffic 6a traffic but vPilot can't see them?