By Trevor Hannant 1240481
#512748 Has anyone successfully managed to have Rotorcraft in P3Dv3 model match within vPilot v2?

I have a number of helicopters installed but none ever match - and when adding a custom rule, it spits an error when trying to match against that model.

simobjects.cfg has the correct entry and path to these:

Code: Select all[Entry.4]
ACTIVE=true
PATH=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
REQUIRED=true
TITLE=Default Rotorcraft

However it simply isn't showing as being scanned:

I've also tried adding a custom rule:

Code: Select all<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModelMatchRuleSet Folder="" UpdatedOn="5/13/2016 2:00:00 PM">
<ModelMatchRule TypeCode="EC35" ModelName="EC135 MED" />
</ModelMatchRuleSet>

The entry from the relevant aircraft.cfg file:

Code: Select all[fltsim.2]
title=EC135 MED
<SNIP>
By Ross Carlson 887155
#512753 I'm not 100% sure, and I would have to run a test, but I believe the default rotorcraft cannot be injected into the sim ... they can only be flown by the user. You would need to download third party models that are built for use as AI aircraft and then create custom rules for them.
By Marc DUVAL 1259627
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:They would need to be in Airplanes, or in their own folder referenced in SimObjects.cfg.

Hi,

I have done just that. I understand that there may be a little bug in P3D regarding relative folders. In the simobjects.cfg file, I changed all the paths to absolute ones. Now vPilot read all the folders, including rotorcraft and indexes them, but they still won't show up.

Any other clues for me ?

Thanks
By Marc DUVAL 1259627
#518302 What I mean is that they appear in Settings > Model Matching > Advanced. They are also referenced in ModelScanResult-Prepar3dV4.xml which I believe, correct me if I am wrong, correspond in the menu previously referenced.

Thanks for your help.
By Marc DUVAL 1259627
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I'm asking if it shows them as identified.

Sorry for the delay in the answer.

No, they are not identified. However, I did a test with the stock Robinson, which is identified, and it did not work either.

Thanks again for your time on this.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#518656 If they aren't identified, then vPilot won't (can't) use them.

As for the Robinson, I believe those are not usable as AI aircraft. They are only flyable.

When you say the Robinson "didn't work", what do you mean?
By Marc DUVAL 1259627
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:If they aren't identified, then vPilot won't (can't) use them.

As for the Robinson, I believe those are not usable as AI aircraft. They are only flyable.

When you say the Robinson "didn't work", what do you mean?

I mean that me and a friend, each flying the R22, having declared the R22 in vPilot, where not seeing each other as R22s