By Eric Fisher 842617
#514339 Well, P3D v4 and 64bit version has been announced with release on May 30th. A whole new virtual world. However as a vatsim diehard I need vPilot to work in it before I switch over. Ross, are you able to provide any insight on it working in v4?
By Ross Carlson 887155
#514340 Nope, not yet. The announcement says the SDK is fully reworked ... whether or not that means they've changed anything regarding SimConnect, I don't know. If it still supports SimConnect, then vPilot should work just fine.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#514358 Norm, the question is whether or not it supports the same SimConnect DLL that vPilot ships with, which is the one intended for FSX. Have you tried it with vPilot?

If I have to build two separate versions of vPilot, one for FSX, one for P3D v4+, I will, but hopefully that won't be necessary.
By Evan Reiter 1314720
#514367 I checked with a pilot who has early access to Prepar3D v4. He checked and tells me that the existing version of vPilot works with P3D v4, "as long as you download the correct SimConnect into the client PC".

That report is from VATSIM pilot and BVA member Nico Lumermann, who can often be found online as "DAL213". Ross, if you need more technical information, please feel free to reach out to him.
By Jonathan Fong 1308253
Ira Robinson 1100092 wrote:
Eric Fisher 842617 wrote:Awesome news... a must have before I can go to v4.

So what is everyone so exited about? Is P3D that good that it's worth starting over again with everything?

P3D v4 is coming with 64 bit, dynamic lighting, LOD tweaks... It's light years ahead of v3.
By Johnny Coughlan 861497
Ira Robinson 1100092 wrote:
Eric Fisher 842617 wrote:Awesome news... a must have before I can go to v4.

So what is everyone so exited about? Is P3D that good that it's worth starting over again with everything?

Is broadband better than dialup?.

And most big developers are updating and giving free their P3D v4 product updates so lots of people won't be starting over on everything.

I'd gladly pay the price of upgrading for the sake of progress rather than hold onto the past.

2017 so far has brought us XP11, Flight Sim World(still on the fence) and now P3D v4.

All of them helping to progress or hobby on the technology front.

And I for one say about time.
By Ben Rath 1274713
#514568 Hello all,

vPilot works fine in V4 for me. The Sim get connected once started up and I can connect the the Network as well. Only Thing thats not right, is model matching. It Looks like vpilot still uses the WOAI models in my V3 Folder and wont recocnize any AI Models in my V4 Folder. Also a lot of models dont actually look like real aircrafts anymore.

What Kind of AI-models do others use and do they work in V4?

Thanks
By Ross Carlson 887155
#514569 vPilot doesn't recognize P3D v4 as a supported sim yet, so your computer still thinks you're using v3. I will need to release an update.

I don't know when that'll be, and I don't have a ballpark. :)

For now, if you have the same set of models installed in V4 as you do in V3, it should work.

What does this mean: "Also a lot of models dont actually look like real aircrafts anymore." ??