By Peter King 913456
Matthew Bartels 863645 wrote:
Ross Carlson wrote:
Matthew Bartels 863645 wrote:Can confirm that most FAIB models work, but most of the legacy AIA and TFS models are not working.

What do you mean by "not working" here?

The models will show up in P3D v4, however you run into all sorts of problems, black textures, missing items, invisible airplanes, etc.

Whatever LM did in V4 broke the native FS9 models, which is understandable since they're almost 15 years old. Native FSX models are working fine for now. Still have more testing to do.

I can confirm that FAIB 737s / Airbuses / and 747 are working correctly. The AIA FSX native models are working correctly as well, albeit with the issues they describe in their readme. (lightmaps slightly off, no turning engine blades)

As of now, The Fruit Stand, AI Malcontent, and Alpha India models are incompatible.

The big aircraft missing are All B777 / A330 / A340 and most Regional jets / turboprops. (AIA E170/75/90/95 is working)

So can I confirm then it just causes blank textures and doesn't ctd the sim like p3d v2.x did with the old native models??? thanks in advance
By Trevor Hannant 1240481
marcus holmes 815851 wrote:Will there be an update to Vpilot AI models? as I am also getting a lot of black models.

vPilot doesn't have AI models, it uses models installed in your sim. The issue is with those. Some of these AI models were originally made for FS9. Some model developers are already trying to update these for P3Dv4 - AIG have started releasing updates on their forums for example.

You will need to check with the developers of the AI models you use for updates for these.
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Trevor Hannant 1240481 wrote:vPilot doesn't have AI models

I think he might be referring to "vPilot AI" - the name that was stolen... er, borrowed... from vPilot for the re-packaged models stolen... er, borrowed... from various developers.
By Thiago Braun 1311584
#514853 I have noticed somewhat of an FPS impact when using vPilot with v4. I don`t have any extra models, just the basic Prepar3D aircraft, but whenever I turn on vPilot, the FPS start jumping like crazy. From a stable 30-40, I start getting weird jumps from 11 to 40. Is anyone having a similar issue?
By marcus holmes 815851
Thiago Braun 1311584 wrote:I have noticed somewhat of an FPS impact when using vPilot with v4. I don`t have any extra models, just the basic Prepar3D aircraft, but whenever I turn on vPilot, the FPS start jumping like crazy. From a stable 30-40, I start getting weird jumps from 11 to 40. Is anyone having a similar issue?

Thiago I think the reason you are having a drop in frames is because you are using the basic P3d models as your AI, these models have relatively high detail and if you have many of them spawn up in your sim it will reduce your frames a lot. Where as a AI model package like WOAI will prevent any frame drop as the models are very basic.
Your best bet is to download a AI package and get Vpilot to utilise that pack rather than getting Vpilot to use the basic model within P3D.
By Mike Willey 1134052
#520232 Any update on the P3DV4 Models.. I am just finishing a new sim build and am using the BVA WoA models but still getting th anomalies that are discussed here..