By Caleb Duress 1383581
#515256 I tried doing my first VATSIM flight and ran into some trouble with VPilot. When I tried requesting clearance I was actually not transmitting (I tried outside of FSX minimized and opened VPilot and it worked but not when I was directly in FSX). Is there something I might have set up incorrectly?
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
#515257 From the v1 documentation (still stands for v2):

vPilot Documentation wrote:Note that if you want to use a keyboard key for PTT, and you run FSX as an administrator, you must also run vPilot as an administrator for the key press to be recognized.
By Norman Blackburn 870575
Georgi Bonchin 1394205 wrote:I have the same issue and there is no difference if PTT is assigned either to a keyboard key or a joystick button.

But are you running both Flight Simulator and vPilot as Admin?

Georgi Bonchin 1394205 wrote:Can someone explains the practical usage of vPilot?

I'm not sure I understand your query.
By Georgi Bonchin 1394205
Norman Blackburn 870575 wrote:
Georgi Bonchin 1394205 wrote:I have the same issue and there is no difference if PTT is assigned either to a keyboard key or a joystick button.

But are you running both Flight Simulator and vPilot as Admin?

The documentation says that there is no difference, if you are running the SIM and vPilot as administrator or not, if a joystick assignment button for PTT is made.

Documentation wrote: Joystick PTT works fine with or without running as an administrator.
By Nicholas Cavacini 1084329
#515275 Correct, but if you run your simulator as an administrator, you MUST run vPilot as an administrator.