By Ryan Savara 1369362
#516723 This issue is persistent across Ross' active projects (vSTARs, vERAM, vPilot), where a crash occurs when attempting to assign any key for push to talk. I've only noticed the issue since I acquired a Delcom 703600-5M foot switch. Any time I go to set a PTT key, the application pops up with the following error and crashes. I believe it has to do with the detection of the foot switch.

I've assigned the switch the keystroke F24 (press and hold) via Delcom's setup software. I also have Joker which assigns F23 and F24 to extra buttons on my mouse.

Here's a screenshot of the initial error message: http://prntscr.com/g7b4ed
And the full error: https://pastebin.com/ggCvU4xT
By Evan Reiter 1314720
#516724 Is the PTT recognized by the system itself? If so, maybe you could try removing the Delcom software and just assigning PTT functionality using Joker? That's what I do with both my handheld PTT and a foot pedal.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#516727 I have the same foot pedal and I don't need any software at all. Doesn't vPilot recognize the button directly, without the need for key assignments?
By Ryan Savara 1369362
#516885
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I have the same foot pedal and I don't need any software at all. Doesn't vPilot recognize the button directly, without the need for key assignments?

Yeah I'm not sure since I cannot go back into vPilot to program it without the software. It crashes every time, even with Joker closed. I've verified with no running Delcom or Joker applications.

Evan Reiter 1314720 wrote:Is the PTT recognized by the system itself? If so, maybe you could try removing the Delcom software and just assigning PTT functionality using Joker? That's what I do with both my handheld PTT and a foot pedal.

Yeah it's not so much an issue, since I can go into the config files and manually change the binding, however it would be nice to do it from the UI.

The Delcom software is only used to "program" the switch, its not always running. You just write to it what stroke you want. The problem is that Joker recognizes up to 16 buttons from this single switch. I've just assigned the one button to F24 so I can use it with other applications (EuroScope, TeamSpeak, Discord, etc)
By Ross Carlson 887155
#516888 I'm still not understanding why you need any software at all. The Delcom switch appears as a joystick button which vPilot can recognize directly. No keystroke needed at all.
By Costas Chronopoulos 1007469
#516890
Ryan Savara 1369362 wrote:This issue is persistent across Ross' active projects (vSTARs, vERAM, vPilot), where a crash occurs when attempting to assign any key for push to talk. I've only noticed the issue since I acquired a Delcom 703600-5M foot switch. Any time I go to set a PTT key, the application pops up with the following error and crashes. I believe it has to do with the detection of the foot switch.

I've assigned the switch the keystroke F24 (press and hold) via Delcom's setup software. I also have Joker which assigns F23 and F24 to extra buttons on my mouse.

Here's a screenshot of the initial error message: http://prntscr.com/g7b4ed
And the full error: https://pastebin.com/ggCvU4xT


I have the same problem using only standard setup (PC, keyboard etc) without any special equipment.

The message is exactly the same fatal error message. I am using Windows 10 64bit and the version of the vpilot is the latest at the moment available (2.1.6).

I have made any actions that I could imaging like uninstall-install , reinstall, change of drive of installation, run as admin, comparability mode etc but no luck.

Any solution/proposal?
By Ross Carlson 887155
#517052 Please try this version:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Assets/File ... -2.1.7.exe

I haven't fully tested it, but it should ignore any USB device that it cannot read from.

Please give it a try and report back here. If it works, I'll release it through the automatic update for other users.
By Erik Quinn 1083692
#525614 I'm seeing the same issue on the latest version of vERAM. Posting here anyway becuase they are closely related issues, and the information below may be useful to others having this problem with vPilot.

I just received my foot pedal (Delcom 703600), and had already seen this thread so I was careful to not install anything, as Ross suggests. However, it didn't detect the pedal as a joystick, but instead recorded a keyboard space in vPilot/vSTARS, while vERAM has the aforementioned error.
  • vPilot 2.1.11.0 accepted the pedal as my PTT button, but shows "Keyboard Key: Space"
  • vSTARS 1.1.7.0 accepted the pedal as my PTT button, but shows "Keyboard Key: Space"
  • vERAM 1.0.5901.33343 shows the aforementioned exception on button press. If you "continue", the settings menu is unresponsive, but may be closed and reopened to restore full functionality and try again.

On a hunch, since it was clearly not coming up as a joystick button the GUIs, I downloaded and ran the Delcom Setup utility in order to reprogram (one time) the pedal to a "JOYSTICK Buttons" type whose pressing triggers "JS Button 1". After that, everything worked fine in vPilot/vSTARS, and no installations were needed, just as Ross said. Easy enough to fix. If anyone else encounters this error, it may be worth a try to use the Delcom Setup utility to verify that your device is programmed to be joystick-button-type.

vERAM Exception: https://ibb.co/idEcMo
Factory Settings: https://ibb.co/hMJJu8
Required Settings: https://ibb.co/fAL1go

As for the vERAM issue though, I am not sure? Perhaps vERAM did not get the same fix pushed out that went to vPilot/vSTARS... is that possible, Ross?