By Christoph Reule 1379750
#517320 There are other items that could be incorporated, too. For example, I miss a bit the possibility to add speed and/or altitude to specific waypoints on a filed route (e. g. "LIMRI/M083F360"). Would be great to have this in vPilot! :D
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Christoph Reule 1379750 wrote:There are other items that could be incorporated, too. For example, I miss a bit the possibility to add speed and/or altitude to specific waypoints on a filed route (e. g. "LIMRI/M083F360"). Would be great to have this in vPilot! :D

What gave you the (incorrect) impression that this isn't possible already?

As for the OP's suggestion... my $.02 would be to point out that VATSIM's current flight plan format is very clearly based on the (soon/already defunct?) FAA domestic flight plan (Form 7233-1). That form doesn't utilize prefixes like ICAO wake turbulence categories "L" or "M". In fact, those aren't even prefixes on ICAO flight plans at all - they follow rather than precede the aircraft type in field 9. All this to say, support for the ICAO flight plan as a whole - meaning supported throughout VATSIM (and by the organization itself) as a coordinated change to the status quo - sounds like a good idea. Having pilot/ATC software developers create their own individual FAA-ICAO hybrid bastardizations sounds like a bad idea.
Bradley Grafelman 1242018 wrote:
Christoph Reule 1379750 wrote:There are other items that could be incorporated, too. For example, I miss a bit the possibility to add speed and/or altitude to specific waypoints on a filed route (e. g. "LIMRI/M083F360"). Would be great to have this in vPilot! :D

What gave you the (incorrect) impression that this isn't possible already?

This "impression" is just my experience with vPilot as it is right now. If you find a way to write something like "LIMRI/M038F360" (and, yes, WITH slash) within vPilot, go ahead and tell how! :wink:
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
#517324 I just copy-and-pasted what you wrote and filed it in a flight plan. I then blanked the route, clicked "Fetch from Server", and the route was re-populated with that same string - slash and all.
Bradley Grafelman 1242018 wrote:I just copy-and-pasted what you wrote and filed it in a flight plan. I then blanked the route, clicked "Fetch from Server", and the route was re-populated with that same string - slash and all.

Well, entering it without send & fetch from server would be easier, but I'll try this workaround! Thanks. :wink: