By Martin Held 1392013
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:It's in the settings, you'll find it.

So I did a flight today.
I couldn't get this to work, either I see all radio text messages or none. In settings>notifications all I can do is uncheck/check "Show incoming text messages in FSX" & there's no option to assign my callsign for messages? Also the "Flash taskbar" options doesen't do anything in full-screen.

Thank you!
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#520882 1. FSX displays text messages all or none. There's no provision for only displaying messages associated with your callsign.
2. vPilot was not written to be compatible with FSX full screen; it's written in a different language than FSX and therefore cannot be an FSX module that would be compatible with FSX full screen.
By Simon Kelsey 810049
#520883 This doesn't entirely answer your question, but -- why would you not want to see all messages on frequency? Listening to (or, in the case of text, reading) the frequency, even transmissions not directed specifically at you, is an absolutely essential part of maintaining situational awareness as a pilot and knowing what's going on around you.

"Flash taskbar" won't do anything in full screen because... well, you're in full screen. There is by definition no taskbar to flash.

Also not answering your question, but just as an aside for your own information: I don't know how long you've been simming (I can only see that you have a relatively recent VATSIM ID) but FSX is notoriously unstable in full-screen mode. Having previously been a full-screen devotee, for some years now I've use windowed mode; it is a lot less crash-prone that way (especially with other apps like vPilot, Activesky etc running) and with the Windows taskbar set to "auto-hide" and the FSX menu hidden there is very little loss of screen area. For me personally, having the title bar visible at the top of the screen was/is a small price to pay for a big reduction in CTDs :wink:
By Martin Held 1392013
Don Desfosse 1035677 wrote:1. FSX displays text messages all or none. There's no provision for only displaying messages associated with your callsign.
2. vPilot was not written to be compatible with FSX full screen; it's written in a different language than FSX and therefore cannot be an FSX module that would be compatible with FSX full screen.

Now I'm really confused? or perhaps you didn't you read the whole tread?
As the developer of vPilot wrote:
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Note that there are options to have vPilot sent private messages and radio messages directed to your callsign to the FSX window. So that can be helpful when flying in full screen.

Simon Kelsey 810049 wrote:This doesn't entirely answer your question, but -- why would you not want to see all messages on frequency?

Because It's unrealistic to read all text-messages, while at the same time I have to listen to the radio-calls & fly my own airplane (w Fs2Crew) do checklists RL SOP & maintain SA in a busy airport. Plus the green text-bar in full-screen flashes like crazy :wink:

Thank you!
By Ross Carlson 887155
#520899 It's been years since I wrote that feature ... I was mistaken, it sends all text radio messages, not just those directed to your callsign.

That is done for the reasons Simon brought up ... you need to hear other pilot comms in order to maintain situational awareness. The fact that some of those comms are seen rather than heard doesn't change anything.
By Randy Tyndall 1087023
Because It's unrealistic to read all text-messages

Just as unrealistic as it is to hear...in real life...every radio call on the frequency you are tuned in to... :mrgreen:

Randy
By wil de boer 854822
#524740 I nearly try`d everything I think . But Vpilot voice go`s on pause during flights online . It doesn't matter depart , in flight or arrival.
A lot on online or a few.
I re install , with or without remote pc , with or without virus prog or firewall.
changing ports .
Nothing matters .
Its very annoying for the controllers the try to call and i don`t hear them , as soon i hit the send button vpilot is back.
Its only the voice because the txt messages remain visible .
On this point I think i cannot be vpilot but it begin after a update. Because in the beginning vpilot works fine .
Is there some one knowing this behavior with vpilot and a solution.
in advance
regards
wil