By Evan Reiter 1314720
Evan Hardin 1283333 wrote:I'm also experiencing this issue. I did a clean install of windows 10 and p3d 4.4. I used the simobjects entry discussed above and it appears to have fixed it.

We are trying to narrow down this issue. The working theory is that, somehow, vPilot doesn't seem to recognize the models in P3D v4.4, for some users only. Before you do the SimObjects.cfg trick I mentioned above, you can install FLAi and will see it enabled as an add-on in P3D. We have also confirmed the models are accessible inside P3D by flying one of them around in the simulator. However, for whatever reason, vPilot doesn't pick up on or display them -- for some people only. For others, it works fine.

The SimObjects.cfg trick I mentioned is not the ideal solution, so we are working with Ross to try to determine if there is a vPilot update that might be needed. However, as of yet, we haven't found anything. If/when we do, we'll either release a new version of FLAi or a new version of vPilot, depending where the issue lies.
By Brendan Ratchford 882251
#529464 What's interesting is even when I check the "run as administrator" box on the setup.exe- windows still gives me the message that it protected my PC, and I have to go to "run anyway" - I wonder if windows is blocking the install at some point? I know this can be quite a rabbit hole, when the problem may be just something with Vpilot.
By Evan Reiter 1314720
Brendan Ratchford 882251 wrote:Looks like the addons.cfg method causes visual artifacts (cloud flashing), since the entire addon is not loaded into the sim.

FLAi has nothing to do with clouds or other visuals. Just aircraft models.

Are you saying that you have other add-ons, and that those other add-ons (which also use the add-ons.xml file to enable in P3D) are not working?
By Brendan Ratchford 882251
#529491 No - rather, using the simobjects.cfg method to add FLAI only adds the aircraft partially (misses textures and effects, that are listed in the add-on xml file that FLAI installs). This causes clouds to flash due to "incompatible AI" - when I remove FLAI from the current scenario (by stopping Vpilot) the cloud flashing goes away. Of course FLAI is compatible- I've never seen this before since in 4.3 FLAI was able to be recognized by vpilot without adding it to the sim manually. But the simobjects method only adds part of the model, which is why I recommend waiting for a fix instead of using that method.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=15
By Evan Reiter 1314720
#529530 Ah, yes. That's why I've been saying all thread that the SimObjects.cfg trick is not an ideal solution.

We're in the process of some troubleshooting/data-error collection in vPilot now, with the hopes we can narrow something down.
By Evan Reiter 1314720
#529614 Unfortunately, thus far, we are unable to determine why it's working fine for many, and not working for others. Each of our developers aren't have the issue, and since we can't duplicate it, it's very difficult to know where to start.

Stay tuned.
By Evan Reiter 1314720
#529666 Here is the explanation, and also the steps to resolve the issue if you don't want to wait for the vPilot update: https://www.facebook.com/notes/flai/fla ... 023399779/
By Evan Reiter 1314720
#529821 Just today, Ross sent over a link to a version of vPilot that should resolve this issue. I imagine it should be released within a couple of days, assuming that this version in fact fixes the issue.