By Krzysztof Wisniewski 1379408
#532691 Hello, I've encountered a problem with vPilot after the recent update. I'm using fsx steam edition and vPilot found all of my modelmatching for fsx not for steam edition though. That results of me seeing everyone in the white a321. It's not showing any errors though. It's probably just a matter of a stupid mistake that I've made, although I can't figure it out.

Best regards

https://imgur.com/a/cuMgRza
By Ross Carlson 887155
#532695 That means that vPilot is detecting that you have FSX:SE installed because the install path is specified in the registry, and the specified install path exists, and vPilot is able to find the fsx.cfg file. However, since no paths are listed in the advanced model matching tab, that means that none of the simobjects paths found in the fsx.cfg file actually exist, or there were no aircraft.cfg files found in any of those simobjects paths.
#532703 So am I. I might be completely wrong but I think vPilot detects my steam edition fsx as the normal fsx. When I launch the game though, it knows that I'm using steam edition. So is there maybe a way I could just use the fsx model matching from the level of vPilot?

Sorry for long response to the thread and thank you so much for helping me.
#532711 I'm sorry I messed all of this up on my previous post. All of my files for fsx are located in the steam folder (for me that's D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX) and it is being detected as FSX in the model matching. I suppose that the vPilot is correctly detecting the running game as FSX:SE and I suppose that's why the model matching is not working. So should I install my model matching in a different folder than it is now? When I press scan in the model matching for FSX:SE it doesn't find anything so maybe I've just put the modelmatching in the wrong directory. Or maybe is there a way to force the vPilot to simply use model matching from FSX to my FSX:SE. Sorry for all the inconvenience I'm causing.

Path for my modelmatching: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes
and: AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\simobjects\airplanes

The FSX-SE folder in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft only contains two files, which are dll.xml and fsx_se.cfg

Sorry for all the bothering you so much,
Best regards
By Ross Carlson 887155
#532713 In order to locate which models you have installed, vPilot scans the fsx_se.cfg file and looks for "simobjectpaths" entries. It then checks the folder that those entries point to, and finds any aircraft.cfg or sim.cfg files. It then scans those files to find all the entries which define the individual models and textures that you have installed.

Since your FSX:SE model matching settings tab shows no entries, I have to assume that one of the following is true:

1) Your fsx_se.cfg file contains no simobjectpaths entries.
2) Your fsx_se.cfg file contains simobjectpaths entries which point to non-existent folders.
3) Your fsx_se.cfg file contains simobjectpaths entries which point to folders that contain no aircraft.cfg or sim.cfg files.
4) Your fsx_se.cfg file contains simobjectpaths entries which point to folders that contain aircraft.cfg or sim.cfg files which contain no model/texture configurations.

Can you take a look and find out which of those 4 is the case?