By Marc Stephens 1153500
#536122 Hello,
With the new audio codec coming out I have decided to move away from fsinn and use v-pilot. I am looking at how to control the Stby/mode C/Ident externally to v-pilot. I have done some research and have found that it is possible via SimConnect using the Squawkbox client data area. What is this client data area? How do I access it? Is there a guide as to how to set this up? I have looked but have not yet found anything.
Many thanks
Marc
By Andreas Fuchs 810809
#536124 Hi Marc,

without knowing what SIM and setup you are using, I guess that it will just work out of the box. Have you tested vpilot already with your SIM? You should be able to install and use it in parallel to FsInn.
By Marc Stephens 1153500
#536138 Thanks guys for your responses, apologies for my lack of info. So I am in the middle of building a sim cockpit panel based on Carenado's A36 Bonanza. I am currently flying FSX but am planning on making the move to p3d as the future is 64 bit. I am interfacing my hardware to fsx via arduino & link2fs. I would like to be able to be able to select stby/mode c using a switch and ident using a button.

Fsinn has a settings page where I could select either a key press or a joystick button to trigger mode c. I did try using Link2fs to connect a switch to a key press and although windows was detecting the key press it would not work in fsinn.

I did have a look to see if the aircraft transponder would trigger mode c in vpilot but it did not work.

Hope that all makes sense.
Many thanks
Marc
By Ross Carlson 887155
#536154 Your best bet would be to use FSUIPC to set the offsets. That is much simpler than using the SimConnect client data area. Is FSUIPC an option for you?
By Marc Stephens 1153500
#536182 Hi Ross, It's not at the minute but only because I do not own a registered version but I have not yet bought it as I have not yet needed the registered version. Thinking about it, I coud be wrong but there is a section in Link2fs with an FSUIPC offsets page, I'm not sure if it needs a registered version to work or not. So are you saying that vpilot will recognise a switch using fsuipc offests? I am not against getting the registered version if I have to. I have a LIST OF fsuipc's offsets so will have a play and see what happens.
Many thanks
Marc
Last edited by Marc Stephens 1153500 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#536183 Okay, sounds good. If you don't end up going the FSUIPC route, let me know and I'll assist you with the SimConnect client data area setup.

Note that there is an undocumented plugin interface for vPilot if you want to go that route. If you can develop a .net assembly, you can build a vPilot plugin, which gives you the ability to control the transponder, connect/disconnect, among other things.