By Chuck Dreier 828198
#539089 New installation of vPilot in P3D v4.5 hf2. In initial setup, I cannot choose any aircraft as a default. In "Advanced" I see SimObjects\Airplanes 197 models with 105 identified. Next is Ultimate Traffic with 1072 models and 841 identified.

But I can't seem to choose anything to place in the Default Model pane. It shows the Bombardier CRJ 700 as the default but when I click I get the message at the model is not found! Nothing else "takes". I'm sure it's simple but I'm having trouble figuring this out.

Thanks!
By Ross Carlson 887155
#539104 Chuck, can you let me know what you ended up using for the default model? The Bombardier CRJ 700 usually works fine since that's a default model that comes with P3D. Did they remove it from 4.5 HF2?
By Chuck Dreier 828198
#539194 I had to insert a very specific aircraft. In this case I copied the title line from the specific aircraft I was going to be flying. The aircraft was the PMDG 737-800w. This is how I have my title set: title=B737-832 N389DA. That worked when inserted. I still have no idea as to the how or why of it, but I assume I'll need to do this for each aircraft I'll be flying on VATSIM.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#539199 No, that's not right at all. The default model is the model that will be used to represent other aircraft that you encounter while flying online, if a more suitable model match is not found. It does not have anything to do with the aircraft that YOU are flying. And you definitely do not want to use a complex model like the PMDG, because it will put too much load on the sim and you'll have a frame rate loss, especially if there are several aircraft in range that don't have a suitable model match and end up rendering as the PMDG model.

Is the Bombardier CRJ 700 still present in your installation of P3D?
By Chuck Dreier 828198
#539205 No, it's not there, but there is a C-130. The "title=Lockheed Martin AC-130H - USAF" works. It does seem strange there is no Bombardier in p3D v4.5 and actually not a lot of other aircraft (relatively speaking) either. I wonder if that could have anything to do with having UTLive installed?
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#539214 Lockheed Martin is really strange. I know the CRJ was there when I installed my v4.4.

But according to their website (https://www.prepar3d.com/vehicles), the CRJ doesn't come with P3D, and supposedly never did? Either that or I haven't found (and I've been looking) a list of included nonflyable AI....