By Ross Carlson 887155
#496921 vERAM is now available for download! Please go to the vERAM web site for more information and to download the installer:

http://veram.metacraft.com/

Take a look at the release NOTAM here in the VATSIM forums for more information about vERAM:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70629

I'd like to publicly thank the beta test team ... without their efforts, vERAM wouldn't be nearly as robust, stable, and realistic as it is today. Thank you!
By Ryan Geckler 1104849
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I'd like to publicly thank the beta test team ... without their efforts, vERAM wouldn't be nearly as robust, stable, and realistic as it is today. Thank you!

Glad to help!
By Brad Littlejohn 811975
#496933 Ross, quick question..

Was this coded on the same type of architecture (read: IDE, language, etc.) as VRC?

I ask, because I'm hoping to see the trend that this may work with CrossOver, making this Mac compatible as well.

I'm grabbing it either way, but I'm wondering if my hopes/assumptions are correct.

BL.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#496934 Same IDE (though a newer version) namely Visual Studio, but different language. VRC is a C++ application, vERAM (like vPilot and vSTARS) is a C#.NET application.

They both use OpenGL for rendering the displays, and the voice library is the same.
By Brad Littlejohn 811975
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Same IDE (though a newer version) namely Visual Studio, but different language. VRC is a C++ application, vERAM (like vPilot and vSTARS) is a C#.NET application.

They both use OpenGL for rendering the displays, and the voice library is the same.

Perfect! I'll give this a try in CrossOver, and report back!

BL.