By Joshua Black 988581
#497721 Just want to say how much I'm enjoying getting to learn vERAM. Such an awesome client.

Now I'd like to ask a question that no one else can seem to answer. I've made various bookmarks to accommodate easy viewing of major aerodrome ground views and TRACON views. When I use the top-down feature to view the ground display at a major airport with ground radar, should I not see a simplistic datablock of aircraft with at least the callsign on the ground without having to radar identify them? As of right now, nothing changes between the TDM and default setting. All I get is limited datablocks for aircraft on the ground. (Squawk and altitude) That makes it very annoying trying to figure out who's who.

Is it an issue with the facility file, or a setting within vERAM that I'm forgetting/missing? Thanks.
By Joshua Black 988581
Justin Shannon 1215759 wrote:I'd wager that you don't have your radar sites configured properly. Can you post your facility file?

Can be downloaded via the ZAB site:

http://zabartcc.org/files.php

First file listed. I posted in the forums there but no suggestions have been made as of yet. Thought someone might have a fix here in the meantime.
By Justin Shannon 1215759
#497724 It was indeed an issue with your radar sites. I'm not sure where you got your radar site data from but I replaced them with the real world ERAM radar sites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wr965p2fvqobt ... 29.gz?dl=0
By Joshua Black 988581
Justin Shannon 1215759 wrote:It was indeed an issue with your radar sites. I'm not sure where you got your radar site data from but I replaced them with the real world ERAM radar sites.

Don't ask me. I only use what I'm given. 8)

You da man Justin. Cheers.
By Dhruv Kalra 878508
#497748 If a radar is picking up ground traffic there's better than average odds its elevation is set too low. Add 20-30 feet to your terminal radar elevations to account for the housing towers.
By Josh Glottmann 1275389
Dhruv Kalra 878508 wrote:If a radar is picking up ground traffic there's better than average odds its elevation is set too low. Add 20-30 feet to your terminal radar elevations to account for the housing towers.

Right now I'm encountering the same issue with ZOA's file at RNO. Currently, all planes show up as if they are airborne. Unless I delete a majority of my radar sites, planes continue to show up airborne. I have tried placing a dummy radar site at the field (with proper elevation, and even +50 feet) with no luck.

Any ideas?
By Nicholas Cavacini 1084329
#512983 Josh, ensure that if you add a dummy site that you remove the other sites as they might be the ones giving you the radar returns. Besides that, ensure that you have a positive number for the radar slope.