By Camden Bruno 1253785
#522467 Real-World ERAM has the capability to "tag" when someone is on frequency or not using "//[CID]", which then places what looks like a WiFi symbol next to their callsign. Would love to see that implemented. Alternatively, would be great to have "//[CID]" toggle the DWELL Lock on an aircrafts tag.
By Brandon Rodgers 1077574
#522511 Why not just beat the FAA to the punch? Just have the icon turn on automatically when the aircraft switches to the frequency? That's the plan for the wi-fi icon any ways when data comm comes online in a year or so. This way we know a pilot is tuned to the frequency and can be reach via text if he isn't listening.
By Ryan Geckler 1104849
Brandon Rodgers 1077574 wrote:Why not just beat the FAA to the punch? Just have the icon turn on automatically when the aircraft switches to the frequency? That's the plan for the wi-fi icon any ways when data comm comes online in a year or so. This way we know a pilot is tuned to the frequency and can be reach via text if he isn't listening.

I'm a fan of this.
By Camden Bruno 1253785
#522519 Brandon,

Love that idea! If that's implemented I would still like to be able to manually override that, though. It'd be nice for VATSIMisms like if a pilot requests to step away and you want to indicate that he's not on frequency (even though he's technically on the voice channel).
By Brandon Rodgers 1077574
#522566 If a pilot wants to step away, you can either put 'AFK' in the fourth line or you could just dwell lock the aircraft to make a mental/visual note that he's not there.
I do this often at work when I need to descend an aircraft and it has multiple point outs that need to be done. I put in the lower altitude and highlight "dwell" the aircraft. I then throw the PVD's on everyone that I need and wait for them to approve my automated point out. Once it is done, I descend the aircraft to the lower altitude.

Camden Bruno 1253785 wrote:Brandon,

Love that idea! If that's implemented I would still like to be able to manually override that, though. It'd be nice for VATSIMisms like if a pilot requests to step away and you want to indicate that he's not on frequency (even though he's technically on the voice channel).