VATCAN
By Bailey Brown 1376159
#535313 Good day everyone!

With an ever-increasing demand for Gander Oceanic Endorsements, we are Gander Oceanic and seeking a few more instructors. Gander Oceanic is seeking outstanding individuals within the VATSIM community to support this ever-growing Oceanic community. We are seeking individuals with previous or current experience as either an Instructor or Mentor within your home Division/vACC. With the addition of the prerequisites below, we would love to hear from you.

Please Note: This Position does not require an I1/I3 Rating to be considered for the role.

Position:
Gander Oceanic Instructor

Reports To:
Chief Instructor, Gander Oceanic (ZQO3)

Responsible For:
The training of new Gander Oceanic Applicants throughout theory and practical assessments.

Minimum Requirements:
  • Be a member in good standings with VATCAN for a minimum of 6 months at the time of your application.
  • Be a member in good standings with your local Division/vACC for a minimum of 6 months at the time of your application.
  • Be a qualified Gander Controller for a minimum of 1 Month (30 Days.)
  • Have at least 20hrs of experience on Gander/Shanwick Positions.
  • Be able to work effectively and cooperatively in a small team environment.
  • Be willing to dedicate 2 hours to the FIR each week for student training.
  • Have a thorough understanding of the VATCAN & VATUK Oceanic Control Sheet found at czqo.vatcan.ca/publications
  • Maintains a regular online presence. 

Preferable but not required:
  • Bi-lingual or Language Other Than English (LOTE)
  • I1, I3, Mentor experience

Application Process:
Applications who meet the above criteria should send an email to Bailey Brown via [email protected] including the following
  • Any experience you have as a Mentor/Instructor
  • Any other details you believe will assist in your application
  • Continental Location & GMT Timezone.
Applications for the Position of Gander Oceanic Instructor will close on the 17th of September 2019 @ 2359z - Late applications will NOT be accepted.

Bailey Brown
Acting Chief Instructor, Gander Oceanic FIR (A/ZQO3)