VATUSA
By Andrew Grey 1345811
#513273 At the risk of getting my head tore off, I must ask:

I am not sure, nor can I find the answer for the requirements to remain current on VATSIM so that I do not get terminated. One flight per month?

Having said that, I am having problems with vPilot, I can't get the model matching to work properly, and I do not have the time or the patience to figure it out.

So, is there any way I can opt out of my VATSIM membership without being permanently terminated? I may have time in the future to get this working properly, but for now I do not. If and when I do have the time, I would like to return to VATSIM.

How do I go about doing this, or will I just be suspended/terminated for not fulfilling the flight time requirements?

Thanks,
Andrew
By Nicholas Cavacini 1084329
#513274 Hi Andrew,

If you don't connect to the network, your account will eventually be placed on an inactive status. To reactivate, all you would need to do is visit https://www.vatsim.net/members/member-help and click on reactivate your account.
By Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
#513275 Hi Andrew,

You won't get your head torn off here.

There is no requirement for vatsim (unlike most VA's). I had my CID a loooooong time ago, left for years, then just needed a password reset to get going again.

As for vPilot, don't give up! Make sure you are using version 2.* as the model matching is automatic; as well make sure you have models for it to find (WOAI is the most common and easiest).