Notices For Upcoming Fly-in Events Planned On The VATSIM Network.
By Matthew McEwen 1303289
#521217 Image

VATSAF is doing something really cool this February - bringing the light that VATSIM needs by way of the Uganda Knuckles Fly In. A 12-hour staff up of full ATC in Uganda, a very green country in the heartlands of East Africa and the shameless home to the Ugandan Knuckles meme.

VATSAF will roster controllers on shifts over the 12 hour period from 08.00 UTC until 20.00 UTC on Saturday 24 Feb 2018. Don't miss it! That's:
America:
Midnight-Midday Pacific, 1am-1pm Mountain, 2am-2pm Central, 3am-3pm Eastern
Asia:
11am-11pm Arabian, 4pm-4am AWST, 5pm-5am Japan, 7pm-7am AEDST, 10pm-10am NZDST

Entebbe Airport, HUEN, will be the main focus of the event.

You're invited to fly, control, or even do both since we'll have 12 hours to kill! Controllers from abroad looking to get in and show your broddas de way are encouraged to email me on [email protected] with your CID, availability and position preferences (we'll have DEL through CTR as controller availability permits).

Don't think we'll only be staffing up a small slice of airspace, though! Pilots can expect ATC across the continent. GA craft and heavy metal are equally welcome. Here are some outbound IFR flight routes that have r/w airline services (shortest-longest):
HUEN-HKJK: ALKON UL433 NAKAT
HUEN-HAAB: KOLON DCT NABRO UL432 EKBUL UA408 BENDO
HUEN-OMDB: KOLON DCT NABRO UM216 HARGA UB312 PAKER P312 DATEG UP552 IMPOS G652 DATBU R401 PEDOG P308 KIPOK L568 IMPED
HUEN-OTHH: KOLON DCT NABRO UL432 EKBUL UA408 HDH M318 RAGNI UL564 LADEM T112 AFNAN
HUEN-HECA: LUVUN DCT TORNO UG656 JUB UB527 KTM UA727 NUBAR A727 SOLAM
HUEN-FAOR: BINDA DCT DIMTO UT910 BIKON DCT GEPET UA408 ETKAV UL432 ESPOK UA408 VSB UA405 GWV UZ11 NESAG UZ7 OKPIT

As always, we hope to see you there! :D
Last edited by Matthew McEwen 1303289 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Aharon Dayan 1090798
#521225
Matthew McEwen 1303289 wrote:VATSAF will roster controllers on shifts over the 12 hour period from 08.00 UTC until 20.00 UTC on Saturday 24 Feb 2018. Don't miss it! That's:
America:
Midnight-Midday Pacific, 1am-1pm Mountain, 2am-2pm Central, 3am-3pm Eastern
Asia:
11am-11pm Arabian, 4pm-4am AWST, 5pm-5am Japan, 7pm-7am AEDST, 10pm-10am NZDST



I wish all event announcements would be like this specific breakdown of specific time zones for specific parts of the world. This is amazing convenient for all pilots around the world!!

Gonna love this specific breakdown of specific times for each part of the world!

If the event extends to 5 pm EST, I would participate in that!!

Any amazing freeware scenery for Entebee airport?

Regards,

Aharon
Last edited by Aharon Dayan 1090798 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Matthew McEwen 1303289
#521230
Ben Childs 1252312 wrote:Feb 20th is a Tuesday, brudda. Someone needs to show you de wae to Saturday.


Oh my days, thank you for pointing that out. The date has been revised to 24th Feb, which is actually a Saturday. Damn all this fake news!

Aharon Dayan 1090798 wrote:Any amazing freeware scenery for Entebee airport?

Regards,

Aharon


The only scenery I know of is on http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html
By Josh Glottmann 1275389
#521238
Aharon Dayan 1090798 wrote:I wish all event announcements would be like this specific breakdown of specific time zones for specific parts of the world.

If only there were some coordinated universal time that people could use around the world :mrgreen:
By Deon Mathews 1188217
#521240
Josh Glottmann 1275389 wrote:If only there were some coordinated universal time that people could use around the world :mrgreen:


All events published on the @vatsimevents calendar, @Vatsim twitter feed and Facebook page are published in "Z" time, without exception...
By Matthew McEwen 1303289
#521247
Josh Glottmann 1275389 wrote:If only there were some coordinated universal time that people could use around the world :mrgreen:
Deon Mathews 1188217 wrote:All events published on the @vatsimevents calendar, @Vatsim twitter feed and Facebook page are published in "Z" time, without exception...

reddit.com/r/woosh
--
In any case, this event was planned especially with international and local visitors in mind. Converting to local timezones takes some pretty simple maths and it's just a nice little convenience to help figure out if the event will be a-go or not :)
By Aharon Dayan 1090798
#521250
Matthew McEwen 1303289 wrote:In any case, this event was planned especially with international and local visitors in mind. Converting to local timezones takes some pretty simple maths and it's just a nice little convenience to help figure out if the event will be a-go or not :)


This is what I call awesome.

And also, it eliminates confusion among newbie and veteran Vatsim pilots who show up for events at WRONG time!! Also it eliminates confusion among Vatsim controllers who show up for ATC duty for events at wrong time.

VATSAF will roster controllers on shifts over the 12 hour period from 08.00 UTC until 20.00 UTC on Saturday 24 Feb 2018. Don't miss it! That's:
America:
Midnight-Midday Pacific, 1am-1pm Mountain, 2am-2pm Central, 3am-3pm Eastern
Asia:
11am-11pm Arabian, 4pm-4am AWST, 5pm-5am Japan, 7pm-7am AEDST, 10pm-10am NZDST


This is best and most specific event time announcement I ever seen in almost ten years of Vatsim flying and Vatsim event participation.


Regards,

Aharon