By Samantha Poynter 1110100
#298580 Argh, typical! Just as I find this community and am eager to have a look at what you're all doing, some horrible, malevolent git seems to have hacked the main file servers. :evil:
Is there anywhere else I might be able to get my hands on ASRC? I've had a Google around for mirrors but didn't manage to find any. I did have a peek at Euroscope but all the newbie instructions are written with ASRC in mind and so I wasn't able to get it working. :(
By Daryl Jacobs 1110979
#300075 I found another link that has the ASRC client for people that were looking for it like me on the ASRC site and the link is not working now. Does anyone know why that link is no longer active? Is their site completely down? I have tried to get it from there for over a week and finally found it on another sim site.

Thanks for your help!
By Wycliffe Barrett 895867
#301609 Samantha

Even if the newbie notes for Euroscope are written with ASRC in mind you would be better off just using the manual or the wiki for Euroscope anyway as Euroscope is entirely different from ASRC and VRC in its execution.

I have in my controlling career used all three, in my personal opinion ASRC is a dog, it doesnt look good and you have an awful lot of key commands to learn.

VRC is a windows based radar client and is far more intuitive.

Euroscope on the other hand is a very complex radar client that can be configured by the user (you) to whatever you want.

Personally I would go for Euroscope, give it a go, because if you learn VRC as I did then transfer to Euroscope you will have to unlearn what you have learned, (jedi speak) but true.

All the best Samantha if you get stuck ask a question in the correct forum board and you will get qucik answers.

Wycliffe
By Bruno Pravato 1118940
#310122 HI everybody! :D
I'm very new (Just joined a few minutes ago) and interested in ATC.
One question: I have also read about the akers problem at AVSIM servers.
I wonder if I should download and use VRS or Euroscope?
One more question: I have Widows Vista SP2 on my PC? which works better?
Thank you for your help!
Ciao
Bruno
By Colin Zhang 1103737
Bruno Pravato 1118940 wrote:HI everybody! :D
I'm very new (Just joined a few minutes ago) and interested in ATC.
One question: I have also read about the akers problem at AVSIM servers.
I wonder if I should download and use VRS or Euroscope?
One more question: I have Widows Vista SP2 on my PC? which works better?
Thank you for your help!
Ciao
Bruno

Hi Bruno, VRC and Euroscope are the most used clients now - ASRC has gotten a little old although some still like to use it I guess. I'm not familiar with ASRC but VRC and EuroScope should work equally fine although some users report issues with VRC and integrated Intel graphics cards. If you would like to download ASRC the AVSIM library actually just got back up recently, you could try to download it again if you want it.
By Houssein Adem 1087998
#310343 :) The link Is working very good, so you can go and download it from there, but… as it’s been said, Euroscop is really awesome, it might look too busy on the 1st look, but, you are the boss there, you can make it to look the way you want it.
Little time studying, practicing to master this radar client, worthwhile
I’m using the Euroscop. So if there is anything I can help anybody wants to use Euroscop, I’ll be happy to do that
:idea:
By Ross Carlson 887155
Scott Joyce 1125029 wrote:I am also new and trying to download the files. So if I am going to be a controller in the US I can still use Euroscope? or should I use VRC?

thanks for the help

You can use either. Euroscope is modeled after real-world European radar systems, but it has all the functionality needed to control in any part of the world, same with VRC. If you're looking for realism, VRC has a couple radar modes that make the data blocks look like the real systems used in the US (such as STARS and DSR) but other than that it makes no difference.