By Michael Bevington 814931
#129498 NOTAM:

For the latest and most up to date list of charts and flight planning links, please visit the VATSIM Chart Center - http://charts.vatsim.net
This site was created and maintained by Chad Black & Neil Dewson-Smyth.

For our new Chartfinder tool which greatly simplifies location of current charts in North America, the UK, and Australia, please open the VATSIM Chartfinder http://vwings.com/charts
This service was created and maintained by Lee Hetherington, web hosting by Mike Bevington

Please reply to this thread with any additions or corrections to the links provided on the Chart Center. They will be researched and amended to the charts page.
Last edited by Michael Bevington 814931 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Lee Hetherington 822071
#129614 I will add what I can find easily online.

Unless I am mistaken, the Europe charts available on EADS are not readily accessible to me and there I cannot index them. Last I checked, it ran as a closed web application that hides the airports and their procedures inside it. Sorry. I would be happy if I was wrong.

--Lee
By Ruth McTighe 824054
#134396 The site is working fine here (23rd Feb 06 at 17:26z). Maybe you 've got some sort of setting problem your end?

Ruth
By Tony Lyons 976580
#147564 Chartfinder is a great addition to VATSIM. Thanks for providing this.

I have a question concerning UK charts. So far I haven't found a source that doesn't require registration with the UK AIP site, and that includes Chartfinder. I tried registering last night and found that a postal code is required for registration, and they won't take a US zip code. So how does somebody who doesn't live in the UK get UK charts?
By Vince Horan 810799
#147607 The CAA's AIS web site at www.ais.org.uk is the only source of UK charts. My suggestion for getting past the postal code is to enter a Freepost post code that is shared by all Freepost users in a particular town. Freepost postcodes end with 2BR. So for Crawley where CAA's Aviation House is located the post code for a Freepost address would be RH10 2BR. Try that!
By Ian Elchitz 810151
#147680 A) I love chartfinder

B) I love Mike and Lee.

C) I have one small usability request. Can you default the text box where you enter the ICAO to have focus after the site loads?. Would save me a fraction of a second each time i load it ;)

D) Did I mention I love chartfinder, Lee, and Mike?
By Tony Lyons 976580
Vince Horan 810799 wrote:The CAA's AIS web site at www.ais.org.uk is the only source of UK charts. My suggestion for getting past the postal code is to enter a Freepost post code that is shared by all Freepost users in a particular town. Freepost postcodes end with 2BR. So for Crawley where CAA's Aviation House is located the post code for a Freepost address would be RH10 2BR. Try that!

I just tried it, and it works! Thanks very much!