By Travis Haire 1435305
#527222 hello all, ive just installed xsquawkbox and im getting an error message every time i try to login saying that my password/id is invalid (6). im copying and pasting everything that has came from the email, and im not sure why i cant connect. any help is appreciated
By Nestor Perez 1369273
#527224 Make sure you're not copying any blank spaces which shouldn't be there.

If you have created your account or changed your password recently, allow up to 24h and try again.

That error only really appears when you actually enter an invalid CID/Password.
By Len Krajewski 1438505
#528350 I have this problem and I cannot log into VATSIM through XSquawkBox. I registered about four days ago and when I log in I am presented "Invalid CID/Password (6). I have my login and pw from the email and I am putting it in my hand, not copying and pasting.
By Nestor Perez 1369273
#528352 Hi Len, as stated in other posts, having entered something wrong is the only reason you'd get that error from XSquawkBox. Make sure that you are copying everything just as it is, including capital and small letters.

In addition, check out to see if you're putting in any spaces there shouldn't be. This happens more often than you may think.
By Len Krajewski 1438505
Nestor Perez 1369273 wrote:Make sure that you are copying everything just as it is, including capital and small letters.

Thank you Nestor.

Yes, I have the email up behind a windowed X-Plane. I activate XSquawkBox and while looking at my ID and PW in the email, I type it in to XSB. There are no characters that provide any ambiguity. I have hand typed and I have copied and pasted, verifying there are no additional spaces/characters entered. I have had someone else enter in the ID and password. (meaning my wife, on my computer) No joy.
Last edited by Len Krajewski 1438505 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Nestor Perez 1369273
#528354 You may want to delete the last part of your post, as you are likely to get your account suspended for that... :roll:

If you have tried connecting to several servers, try opening a ticket with the membership department at membership.vatsim.net.

It sounds awkard though that you can log into the forums and not into the network.
By Len Krajewski 1438505
Nestor Perez 1369273 wrote:It sounds awkard though that you can log into the forums and not into the network.

And this is the exact reason why I am questioning why it's not working. I have used the same login and pw to do this with no luck. I have changed between a half a dozen servers, assuming it could be a server issue as well. I will submit a ticket. Thank you again for your help.

I did edit my post and clarified what I meant.