By Trent Hopkinson 812681
Brandon Neff 1146333 wrote:
But PMDG is only developing the 737NG, correct?

As far as 737's go, yes, only the 737-600 -700 -800 and -900 (900ER too? not sure)

but not the 737-300 -400 or -500.

They are also known to be developing a Dash-8 (-300? -400? not sure) and a 777 after that.

I also am keeping one eye on this thread, as I have this exact same problem (though I'v solved it by... not flying 737's for the time being :shock: and as soon as PMDG comes out I probably won't care about Wilco's 737 anymore :!: lol :mrgreen: )
By Gianluca Garella 876043
#356769 Dear guys,
I have exactly the same problem, anything it's clickable on the 2d cockpit (i don't use 3d) untill fsinn is loaded. When i remove it from the DLL the cockpit starts to work. Whatever the others said it's clear there is a relation between FSinn and PIC737. I use W7 32bit, FSX SP2 (gold edition) , intel i7930 @ 4.0 Ghz, 6Gb RAM. It's a long time this problem is on, would it be nice if wilco will get in contact with FSinn developers to find out what's going on...
By Doeke Brouwer 1090913
#358318 Good evening

i have a good working fsx accelerator and windows7 and goflight aut pilot
I use ivap for ivao and also copilot and fsinn for vatsim.
I bought recently wilco 737-pic including the upgrade for w7
no gauges-no clickeble at all.
went to the dll file and as soon as I change copilot to the bottum and feelthere to the beginning, the result is
gauges but after startup fsx the add on is gone which results in no precission flight control, no fsuip and no copilot.
I changed in the middle of dll file some other ones but no results.
Is there anything else what I could do or try?

doeke
By Joaquin Blanco 860975
#360017 Just wanted to confirm the following:

New clean install FSX up to SP2 on Windows7 Home Premium 64
First aircraft installed Feelthere PIC737 version 2b, followed by the Vista/7 upgrade 737PICX_Upg_Vista2.exe, this latter didn't make any changes
since it appears version 2b already contains the update files.
dll.xml edited to show the Wilco/Feelthere entry at the top:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FeelThere PIC737X Helper</Name>
<Path>FeelThere\b737\PIC737XH.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSCopilot</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Result: Dead panel.

I've read everything in this Forum stickies and all, as well as other posts on other sites, but to no avail.
When FSCopilot is removed from dll.xml everything comes back to life as stated by others in this Forum.
FSInn works perfectly well in the PC where FSX installed or when used on remote. Have installed PMDG
and ATR since and all work flawlessly. What I find a mystery is how some users seem to get this aircraft
to work on FSX on Win7 64. Thing is I'm not sure FSCopilot is the culprit, but perhaps the PIC737 dll file is.
Wilco support don't want to know and I cannot see them wanting to look into this issue.

Any ideas suggestions not already covered in this Forum very welcome.

Thanks
By Marshall Motley 1013081
#360202 I am having the same issue. I purchased a brand new desktop this week, and I have had the ability to run FSX and PIC 737 flawlessly. I installed FSINN and Copilot in my day off yesterday, and immediately developed the same issue. I installed copilot exactly as instructed, and the program works well enough I guess. I have to right click and select run as administrator every time I start the programs. I am computer retarded and could really use some help. I am tempted to give up on the wilco and wait for the PMDG version to come out. However, I would like to make this work if possible. I also have the cd for 737pic that I purchased at Fry's so piracy should not be an issue. I have read all 5 pages of the post and do not really understand what to do. Thanks for the help in advance.
By Larry James 901346
#360204 My conclusion from this thread is a compatibility flaw with the PIC 737 and FSInn. I'll add this information to the FAQ to spare some users of so much reading.

If I learn of a resolution that can be tested and consistently work, I'll add that to the FAQ.

Question #8, "Why does my addons Fail when FSinn is installed?":
http://faq.apollo3.com/ljames/fsinn/vat ... addonsFail

Thank you everyone who has contributed.

edit: I'm considering purchasing the PIC 737 to test it in a controlled environment (though I rarely run FS addons and would only run it for the test).

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames
By Stephen Cotterill 1016107
#360264 Larry

Your offer to purchase this model to find a fix is admirable although I do believe it would be a waste of money.

The problem is a compatibility issue between the dll files. This has been acknowledged by the developer and as you said is quite obvious here. The developers of the 737 have implied they will NOT fix the problem as their model works fine without FSInn[co-pilot] etc and on-line issues are not their concern. [Strange behaviour from a developer for mine although it’s their business I suppose?]

By rearranging the dll.xml file you can be lucky if you call another dll in between these two although the model or FSInn will still glitch something somewhere at sometime as ALL the library files entries are addressed/required at some stage. It really is a ‘pot luck’ thing by using this as a fix.

Hopefully if enough people complain or demand a refund due to their non disclosure of this issue then this developer might change their policy on this matter. [Don’t hold your breath though]

Steve
By David Scobie 858274
Stephen Cotterill 1016107 wrote:The problem is a compatibility issue between the dll files.

as the 737 by wilco/feelThere was released years before FSinn who is at fault? why didn't FSinn test the 737 to confirm there wasn't a problem? the 737 has been available for years and a known popular aircraft for VATSIM fans.

Stephen Cotterill 1016107 wrote:...their non disclosure of this issue

so should FSinn make the statement or wilco/feelThere? who should test every addon available for FS9 and FSX in order to confirm 100% there are no problems with the 1000s of addons one can purchase? don't forget the testing involved as there may be a combo of addons that don't work, or an install order, or combo v. hardware v. OS ...

--
By Stephen Cotterill 1016107
#364184 David

If the W/ft FSX 737 was released years before FSInn and FSInn was released before FSX then how could the 737 be compatible with FSX with FSFDT software if it was released before FSX? The time lines you suggest don’t appear to marry up. [or is my math a tad rusty..lol]

Steve :shock:

[Edit for David's question below]

FSInn, FSCoPilot and FWInn software was made by FSFDT. This abbreviation stands for
Flight Simulator French Development Team
This is also listed at the top of the user manuals.

Steve
Last edited by Stephen Cotterill 1016107 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By David Scobie 858274
Stephen Cotterill 1016107 wrote:FSFDT

what is Flight Sim F??? D??? T???

Stephen Cotterill 1016107 wrote:If the W/ft FSX 737 was released years before FSInn

correct

Stephen Cotterill 1016107 wrote:how could the 737 be compatible with FSX

as wilco had feelThere to update the 737 to FSX (pre-sp1). the update was conducted to work with FSX (pre-sp1) ... the aircraft does work with FSX (ignoring the SPs made by MS that didn't follow the published SDK) and with SB (as it was desgined 'way back' in FS9).

and again, who should test every addon available for FS9 and FSX in order to confirm 100% there are no problems with the 1000s of addons one can purchase? don't forget the testing involved as there may be a combo of addons that don't work, or an install order, or combo v. hardware v. OS ...

--
By John McInnes 1004852
#365383 I have read the whole thread and while some people claim to have PIC737 running in WIN7 FSX and FSINN it would be nice to know what their full configuration is. I got the impression that one of those had the FS2004 version patched with the FSX upgrade whereas I have the boxed DVD FSX version which doesnt work for me on WIN7 32 bit with FSX deluxe and Acceleration (all legit software). Has anyone got it working with my configuration?

John McInnes
By Larry James 901346
John McInnes 1004852 wrote:I have read the whole thread and while some people claim to have PIC737 running in WIN7 FSX and FSINN it would be nice to know what their full configuration is. I got the impression that one of those had the FS2004 version patched with the FSX upgrade whereas I have the boxed DVD FSX version which doesnt work for me on WIN7 32 bit with FSX deluxe and Acceleration (all legit software). Has anyone got it working with my configuration?

John McInnes

Lots of people got it working just by following the steps provided in the FAQ. In the beginning of the topic Wycliffe described a variation of those steps for his configuration. There is a chance the FAQ steps might resolve your issue. I can't confirm it because I don't have the package. But I do know I gave it to a number of people for whom their issues were resolved.

As you can see from this thread it doesn't work for everyone. In fact as far as I can see, if the steps in the FAQ don't work the user is basically out of luck.

Taking this into consideration you might save yourself some time and test that resolution first, make a reference that you've done it. After you say what you've done, a you might also save other people from having to try to guess what you've done and mention things in the thread that are moot because you've already done them.

Your suggestion for someone to repost what you've said you've already read doesn't sound like the most efficient way to resolve the issue. But have read everything as you mentioned and test the solutions that works for some people, then posting the steps that you've done might help some people that have it working to notice something you might have missed or done incorrectly.

Many people might reasonably assume that you've read everyone of the post, as you said you have and have tested the post that works. They have already posted their suggestions, so reposting them might not make a lot of difference.

I also read everyone of the post as they were being posted. I have summed everything up the best way I could (for working solutions) into the FAQ. I placed a please read before posting sticky to make sure the users will see the location of this FAQ.

This is done for this issue as well as any other recurring issue with FSInn and VATSIM.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
By John McInnes 1004852
#365525 Larry,

as soon as I found the link between FSCopilot and the guage problem on the PIC737 I checked the sticky and the FAQs. The fact that FAQ8 states that it works for some and not for others suggests an environment configuration conflict.

What I found interesting was that Wycliffe Barrett posted his working dll.xml file on this thread on the 4th Dec 2009 but on 30th March 2010 his post implied he was now looking for a fix quote
"Interesting, cant waitto get home to try this fix. If it works you can have a glass of beer on me.Wycliffe"

The intent of my post was to establish if the working configurations were FS2004 upgrades to FSX with the VISTA patch or the PIC 737 FSX DVD and whether FSX Acceleration is a factor. I have experienced the FSX acceleration caused issue with the LevelD 767. I am also running FSINN networked. If some installations work and some dont then lets get the working configurations out there so at least some of us can fly the PIC737 online with FSINN.

regards

John McInnes
By Wycliffe Barrett 895867
John McInnes 1004852 wrote:Larry,

What I found interesting was that Wycliffe Barrett posted his working dll.xml file on this thread on the 4th Dec 2009 but on 30th March 2010 his post implied he was now looking for a fix quote
"Interesting, cant waitto get home to try this fix. If it works you can have a glass of beer on me.Wycliffe"

regards

John McInnes

Hi John

Yes quite correct, I did do both of the above things, what I didn't do in the period in between was come back to the forum to say that I had been mistaken and nothing was working at all and still doesn't to this day.

I think what probably happened was that I rearranged my dll file as published above and justs started up the flight sim, saw that i could load up the 737 and thought it was working. I control more than I fly these days and so it wasn't until the later post when i tried to fly the 737 that I noticed the problem was still there.

I have totally given up on the wilco products as i cant get any of them to work all my airbus planes etc which is rather annoying as there has been quite a "£" investment over the years.

So to use some local vernacular "sod them"

Wycliffe
Last edited by Wycliffe Barrett 895867 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By John McInnes 1004852
#365536 Wycliffe,

thanks for the reply and clarifying the status of your PIC737 install. Yeah I know what you mean about Wilco products, my first purchase was the Airbus Series 1 as it would run in FSX. I vowed I would never buy another Wilco product but in a moment of weakness I purchased the PIC737 at the RAF museum at Hendon on a recent visit to the UK. If nothing else I will consider my purchase a donation to the RAF Museum. Hopefully the PMDG 737NG for FSX will be out soon.

thanks again

John McInnes