By Craig Phillips 947617
#304180 *** NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE ***

Just to inform, there is a new version to download. New features include;

Sector File - Sector colour defines fixed. There was an issue if the key already exists in the sector file, it would cause the program to error. Now, instead, it replaces the value of the existing key.

If an error occurs during loading a sector file, a message is displayed.

Once again, really sorry there has been 3 versions. These errors should of got stopped through beta testing...

Cheers!

Craig Phillips
(ASE Developer)
http://www.craig-phillips.co.uk/ase
By Alan Vucic 1041005
#304187 Don`t apologize...you are only human...take this thread as some kind of "beta testing"...all kinds of sct files are being used :lol:

BTW....Tnx a lot...with new update my sct file works....
By Craig Phillips 947617
#304270 *** NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE ***

ASE Version 1.2.3457.24424

Hehe, just to inform, there is yet another new version to download! New features include;

• SIDs/STARs code modified to prevent error occuring when loading a diagram that already exists
  • Regions code modified (better handling, and performance)

Hopefully there are no more errors! :lol:

Craig Phillips
(ASE Developer)
By Keisuke Yamane 811527
#305309 Hello!

I and my member(Japanese) cannot start(boot) up ASE.
There is not any change.
There isn't a error message too.
I reinstalled again and again... :(
I was able to use old ASE comfortably.

Please teach if there is a method of solution.

WindowsXP
Japanese Home Edition
SP3

Thank you very much.
By Craig Phillips 947617
#305336 Sounds like the version check isnt completing. Make sure you have an internet connection. Or if you can, disable the internet and try to start up ASE. ASE will not try and check to see if its the latest issue (using the internet) and may load properly.

Let me know if it works. If it does work I will PM you to perminately by-pass the version check. It may have been an issue with my webserver... if ASE cannot connect to the webserver, it will not load (unless by-passed)

Many Thanks

Craig Phillips
(ASE Developer)
By Keisuke Yamane 811527
#305799 Thank you very much!
All members are not able to start up ASE in I confirmed to several peoples.

Disable the internet and try to start up ASE. But,I can't start up...
I am confirming other members.

It might be a peculiar problem of Japanese?

Thank you very much.
By Craig Phillips 947617
#307282 *** NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE ***

ASE Version 1.2.3476.32651

There is another new version to download! New features include;

• Culture Invariance when loading scenarios - Fixed - Loading decimals with '.' instead of ',' (now)

Craig Phillips
(ASE Developer)
By Arthur Heiser 1052801
#314600 This is my problem:

First, I created a situation file, populated it with ac, and saved it as a .air file for TWRTrainer, which I will be using. But, when I go to modify the situation file I had just saved, ASE will not open it. I hit File -> Load Situation File and select my file, then nothing happens. No aircraft pop up.

Please help.

Thanks.

Edit 1. Does ASE only create .air files and cannot edit them?
By Craig Phillips 947617
Arthur Heiser 1052801 wrote:First, I created a situation file, populated it with ac, and saved it as a .air file for TWRTrainer, which I will be using. But, when I go to modify the situation file I had just saved, ASE will not open it. I hit File -> Load Situation File and select my file, then nothing happens. No aircraft pop up.

Edit 1. Does ASE only create .air files and cannot edit them?

It would prove useless if you cant edit them. Could you send me a copy of the .air file by PM? I can only assume, that it is the culture invarience issue again. (Different symbols for decimal places) But if you are able to send the file/text then Ill be able to find the exact problem.

Many Thanks

Craig
By Craig Phillips 947617
#316596 *** NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE ***

ASE Version 1.2.3538.34214

There is yet another new version to download! New features include;

• Culture Invariance when loading scenarios - Loading negative numbers - Fixed
  • Japanese Version of .NET framework causes an exception - Fixed

Craig Phillips
(ASE Developer)
By Wycliffe Barrett 895867
#329432 Craig Phillips is to be quite honest a master, when one has created a programme of such magnitude that it is used across the globe you will poor you heart and soul into it.

Wycliffe
By Paul Biderman 810078
#347369 Hi Craig. Thanks for making such a great program.

I have a question about usage, and this one shouldn't need a patch to answer. :D I'm trying to use ASE to create .air files for use with tower trainer. It creates the planes fine and I can load the scenario in tower trainer without issue. The problem is that none of the planes that I intended to be moving at the start of the scenario are able to move. Tower trainer thinks they're all "parked". For aircraft at the gate that's no problem. But I also included a couple of planes moving on taxiways, one that's supposedly just landed and is rolling out on the runway, and one on about a 4 mile final approach. But all of these aircraft, including the airborne one on final, are all "parked" and can't be moved unless I give taxi instructions. Is this just because tower trainer is more geared towards starting with parked aircraft where as ACSim is intended to be used with aircraft in flight? If you want I'll send you a PM with a link the scenario I tried to make.

Thanks in advance.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#347386 TWRTrainer doesn't support the notion of an aircraft starting out moving on the ground. Aircraft start out either parked on the ground, or moving in the air. And even the ones that start in the air are just going to be flying along at their assigned heading and altitude. If you saved the air file while an aircraft was on final or in the pattern, it won't "remember" that situation when the air file is loaded later. In other words, TWRTrainer air files only contain aircraft position info, not behavior info. air files are not designed to allow you to freeze and resume a scenario at any point while it's running.

You can certainly create a scenario with an aircraft starting out having just exited a runway, but in order for him to get moving, like you observed, you'll need to issue a taxi instruction.