By Christopher Serio 823884
#58236 For ASRC, there should be a file in the ASRC directory called "ipaddr.txt". In this file, please add the line shown below and then restart ASRC. After doing this, SWEATBOX will appear in your list of servers.

Code: Select allsweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

For VRC, create a file called "myservers.txt" and place it in your VRC main directory. In the file, please add the line shown below and then restart VRC. After doing this, SWEATBOX will appear in your list of servers.

Code: Select allsweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

To connect to the sweatbox server, choose it from the list of servers and connect with your normal VATSIM CID and Password.

I STRONGLY suggest that if you're an instructor, you make these changes and then email them to your ARTCC or post it on your website so that your students don't all have to make the change. They should be able to just copy and paste the file.
By Luca Vetturi 874351
#58521 you can also create a blank txt file called ipaddr.txt and put as the only line that sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX :)
By Wayne Higgins 838379
#58524 Thanx Luke..

Just for those of you who are battling..
Use servinfo in the File menu to save the server IP's to the correct file - then add the sweatbox.vatsim.net ip.

Also - Lat Long coordinates are entered as
Lat +ve values north of the equator
Long +ve values East of the GMT line.

eg Europe would be LAT 80 Long 30 South america would be LAT -30 Long -50 etc

At last I saw the targets.... and no more waiting for training sessions - Thanx guys!!
By Zac Armstrong 895163
#67648 Hey guys I am having a small problem. I have put in the correct server information in the "Connection" drop down menu (sweatbox.vatsim.net). However, once I click to start the file no airplanes come up. So I went to check the connection settings again and it cut my server information off at sweatbox.vatsim (no .net). Any help with this? And I have tried numerous times to retype in the server.
By Ludovic Potier 853884
#263856 For people who don't know where is the "ipaddr.txt" file, start Servinfo is you still use it. Then click on the top left where it says "File" and select "Export ipaddr.txt" file. That's it, open the file, add the SWEATBOX server and place it in the VRC or ASRC main directory (depends what you do use) :wink:
By Anthony Lawrence 980234
Michael Hess 1046854 wrote:If you're using Vista, I'm pretty sure you have to have User Account Control turned off before you'll be able to do anything in the Program Files directory.

Not necessarily. As long as you provide "Admin Authorisation" to carry out the task of putting a file into the Program Files directory (or any directories therein) it'll happily accept it :)

Regs,
A..
By Tomas Hansson 840812
Tommy Hiller 1083120 wrote:just a note, the file for VRC you need to create is a text document called myservers not myservers.txt.

I think you have file extensions hidden in your Windows Explorer. The filename is and has always been "myservers.txt". You can refer to this topic for more details:
http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/vie ... php?t=2217