By Tom Maxwell 1420306
#525200 I just installed VRC recently and am eager to learn more about VATSIM controlling. However, the fonts look really bad on my screen and are really not usable. Sample below:

Image

Notice how week the "O" in on and off and parts of the other letters are. The red letters are really bad.

I have searched and tried to find a cure for this issue, but have not been successful. I even tried downloading the alternate, and supposedly bigger, fonts from the NY ARTCC web site. That did not change anything at all. It is almost like it isn't reading the "VRC Terminal Font Regular " file at all. I checked and the VRC font is definitely in the font folder. Deleting the font file doesn't change a thing either.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 10, i7, EVGA GEForce GTX 1070 video card with the latest drivers, 23 inch ASUS VE247 monitor at its native resolution of 1920x1080. Changing resolution makes no difference.
By Ira Robinson 1100092
#525201
Tom Maxwell 1420306 wrote:I just installed VRC recently and am eager to learn more about VATSIM controlling. However, the fonts look really bad on my screen and are really not usable. Sample below:

Image

Notice how week the "O" in on and off and parts of the other letters are. The red letters are really bad.

I have searched and tried to find a cure for this issue, but have not been successful. I even tried downloading the alternate, and supposedly bigger, fonts from the NY ARTCC web site. That did not change anything at all. It is almost like it isn't reading the "VRC Terminal Font Regular " file at all. I checked and the VRC font is definitely in the font folder. Deleting the font file doesn't change a thing either.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 10, i7, EVGA GEForce GTX 1070 video card with the latest drivers, 23 inch ASUS VE247 monitor at its native resolution of 1920x1080. Changing resolution makes no difference.


Boy do I hope someone out there has an answer for this. I've been straining my eyes with the same setup for some time now and have not been able to come up with a solution!
By Don Desfosse 1035677
#525205 I'm afraid I don't have a solution, and it seems you already answered my question about changing resolution. The font looks fine, but the scaling looks way off. My "small, secondary" monitor is a 24" that I run at 1920x1280.... I run VRC on that one at 1920x1280 and it looks great. It almost looks to me like you're running at 1280 x 1024 (or even lower). Maybe just triple check the resolution that you're running?
By Ira Robinson 1100092
#525207
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Is it possible you have anti-aliasing turned on in the video driver settings?


That didn't help. Someone I just spoke with said it had to do with Windows 10 and that it's a Windows zoom issue. I'm not sure I understand what he meant by that though, but I thought to pass it along.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#525208 Probably talking about this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ze-of-text

Usually you only need to increase that setting beyond 100% if you have a high DPI monitor. (Meaning, a monitor with a very high number of pixels per inch ... also known as pixel density.) A 23" monitor at 1920x1080 isn't particularly high, but you should definitely check if you have the above setting at something other than 100%. That can cause blurry text in VRC depending on the setting.
By Ira Robinson 1100092
#525216
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Probably talking about this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ze-of-text

Usually you only need to increase that setting beyond 100% if you have a high DPI monitor. (Meaning, a monitor with a very high number of pixels per inch ... also known as pixel density.) A 23" monitor at 1920x1080 isn't particularly high, but you should definitely check if you have the above setting at something other than 100%. That can cause blurry text in VRC depending on the setting.


Looks like it yes. But that didn't help any. Sure, it made everything larger, but now there is less of the scope to see. What I can't understand is that the information boxes; COMM panel, ARR/DRP list, they jused to snap together. Now they won't come close and there is a gap between them no matter what I try. SO something is off somewhere.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#525219 If it made everything larger, then you set the value above 100%, right? I wasn't telling you to increase the value above 100% ... I was saying that having the zoom setting above 100% might be a cause for the blurriness.
By Ira Robinson 1100092
#525224
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:If it made everything larger, then you set the value above 100%, right? I wasn't telling you to increase the value above 100% ... I was saying that having the zoom setting above 100% might be a cause for the blurriness.


Oh no, I understood you. I was changing the size to see if anything made a difference or if it would lead to a clue somehow.
By Tom Maxwell 1420306
#525306
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Probably talking about this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ze-of-text

Usually you only need to increase that setting beyond 100% if you have a high DPI monitor. (Meaning, a monitor with a very high number of pixels per inch ... also known as pixel density.) A 23" monitor at 1920x1080 isn't particularly high, but you should definitely check if you have the above setting at something other than 100%. That can cause blurry text in VRC depending on the setting.


Thanks gentlemen! That was an issue for me. I had the zoom set to 125% because the icons and text looked so small on my monitors. I set it to 100% and the text is definitely more readable now. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate the quick support. FYI Anti-Aliasing was turned on but I found that suggestion in another gaming forum and turning it off did not help at all.

Image