By Travis Simp 1438370
#528241 I am very new to vatsim an I am taking the ATC USA Training program right now. When ever I try to launch VRC it says:
"Could not retrieve server list from network. Using the cashed server list and user defined network." Then I click OK and at the text box it says "Error: Version check failed! HTTP error." This is also accompanied by lag.

I have no idea why this is happening or where to begin. I have already disabled my firewall, but that doesn't work. If anyone could help me, that would be great!
By Ross Carlson 887155
#528249 As Don said, you can ignore those error messages. When you open the connect window, it should still show you a selection of servers to choose from.
By Travis Simp 1438370
#528270 I wish that where the case, but as of right now, when I close the error message I am greeted with the red text (that I said in the original post) as well as yellow text that says "0 Servers available", or something along that lines. I am also suffering from lag. It got to 20 to 40 fps for about 3 sec, but after that, it freezes for about 5 sec and this repeats until I shut down VRC. Sorry if I'm sounding so urgent or rude, I just want to be able to become part of VATUSA. Thanks for the responses as well.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#528274 The "0 servers found" message is shown after you first select a profile. That happens BEFORE you try to connect to the network. What exactly happens when you try to connect?
By Travis Simp 1438370
#528275 I am currently an observer, so idk if this has anything to do with it, but as I type in all the info, it says connecting, and about 1 sec after it says "disconnecting". Unless I entered the info wrong... Also thanks for trying to help me so far...
By Ross Carlson 887155
#528278 That sounds like maybe a firewall is blocking your connection to the VATSIM server.

What server are you trying to connect to?

Can you post a screenshot of the VRC window after it says "disconnecting" ?
By Travis Simp 1438370
#528286 Okay, US-W works A-ok, but now I have the fps issue. Its really choppy when I use VRC, but only the application. Everything else runs smoothly.
It almost seems like its updating or rendering something when it hits a lag spike every 7 or so seconds...
Last edited by Travis Simp 1438370 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.