By Matthew Cianfarani 993838
Andreas Elesky 811183 wrote:Hello,

I am getting a Network Error: EndReceive Failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond properly after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Try another server and see if this helps. I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary this morning so a client-side issue is the likely culprit.
By Andreas Elesky 811183
Matthew Cianfarani 993838 wrote:
Andreas Elesky 811183 wrote:Hello,

I am getting a Network Error: EndReceive Failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond properly after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Try another server and see if this helps. I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary this morning so a client-side issue is the likely culprit.

Thanks, problem solved. I had to reboot routers and various other connections.

Thanks
Andy
By Robbie Garrett 1026501
#514669 Hi,

I keep getting the following. Every 10-15 minutes with the latest update of vPilot?

[10:16:23] Network error: EndReceive failed: (10054) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
[10:16:23] Disconnected from network.
By Jamie Fox 811029
#514690 OK, I've checked the logs and I see you tried a couple of different servers.

In general with a problem like this, if the problem is happening on more than one server then it's unlikely that there is a problem with the server itself. While it's possible in theory there could be a problem with the pilot client, in the absence of more reports of the same problem from other people this is also quite unlikely. That leaves the final possibility, which is that there was a problem with the internet connection between the server and you, most probably nearer to your end as it's happening on all the servers you've tried.
By izam salleh 1292891
#515287 Good Day Jamie Fox,

I had encountered the similar problem as Robbie Garrett last month. Had a screenshot but didn't know how to upload (sorry). Changed to other server did not solved the issue.

Checked & re-checked my internet connection & it worked fine as I did also had Vatspy online for my situation awareness & had no connection problem with it. Also my connection with my weather engine were not interrupted.

This happened a few sessions since my last flight (i.e. if i can recall it was 26-May-2017 & before that)

Thank you.
By Jamie Fox 811029
#515436 Thanks for the report. It does sound as though this would have been due to a problem with your internet connection. VATSpy, as well as typical weather engines and many of programs, doesn't hold TCP connections open for a long period of time so you'd be much less likely to notice any problems. What's happening with the VATSIM FSD connection, because it's one connection that's running continuously for many minutes or hours, if there is any problem at all within that time that causes the connection to drop that's going to be very noticeable.
By maurice emmerson 1391236
#516012 I keep getting disconnected all the time can someone please help me out this is what i am getting..

(13:41) network error send failed : (10058) a request failed to send or recive data was disallowed because the socket had already been shut down in that direction with a previsous shutdown call
this happens on all servers can anyone help me out plz
By Randy Tyndall 1087023
#516015 Maurice,

That is what is commonly known as a Winsock Error. The specific error code 10058 refers to this error, WSAESHUTDOWN.

The "WSAESHUTDOWN" error is commonly caused by incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry.

Causes of "WSAESHUTDOWN"

If you have received this error on your PC, it means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or registry entry, as well as a number of other causes. The immediate cause of the "WSAESHUTDOWN" error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.

Ways to repair "WSAESHUTDOWN"

With this error, like with most system or application errors, the user is usually given the option to send an error report to the software publisher, which is a good way to help the publisher eliminate such errors in future software versions. For a more immediate fix, advanced PC users may be able to repair the error by manually editing the registry, and others may want to hire a technician to do it for them. However, since any manipulations with the Windows registry always carry a risk of rendering the operating system unbootable, whenever a user is in any doubt of their technical skills or knowledge, they should only use special software that is meant to repair the Windows registry without requiring any special skills from the user.

I suspect the highlighted red possible cause is the probable cause. What client? Pilot or ATC?

Note the caution in blue. If you have never manipulated the registry before I would not start now. Have someone with knowledge of Windows look at your system.

It would really help us if we knew "what" you were trying to connect with and to.

Randy
By Jamie Fox 811029
#516239 The description of the WSAESHUTDOWN error it would suggest it would only happen as the result of a client bug. However, as we don't seem to have had any other reports of the same problem that does suggest that there may be something unusual with the computer setup/software that is interfering with the normal operation of Winsock.

The quoted text looks like it's come from one of those websites that offers 'registry cleaning' as a panacea. While it's possible there could be a registry problem, I don't suspect that's involved.

Maurice please could you also confirm your pilot client and version number, and have you been able to solve or find a way to reproduce the problem, or does it just happen at random?
By Sachin Gnath 1260885
#516790 Hello,

Yesterday I was trying to login as a controller in Hong Kong, but I got disconnected with an error saying "Client authentication response timeout" for more than 10 times. I tried all the servers to login but nothing really worked.

We had around 30 arrival into Hong Kong, so the moment my Euroscope sector inbound list loads within about 15 sec I get disconnected with a warning "Client authentication response timeout".

This happened only in Hong Kong airspace, when I tried to login in a different airspace with less traffic everything worked fine, any idea why is this happening or could anyone suggest a solution that I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks!
By Jamie Fox 811029
#516791 This problem tends to crop up occasionally for some people, particularly when they're logging on to a very busy part of the network during a big event like Cross the Pond. Fortunately outside of those times it tends to happen sporadically rather than repeatedly.

A workaround that can sometimes help in this situation is to log in initially with a small visibility range, then increase it gradually once your connection is established and stable.
By Sachin Gnath 1260885
Jamie Fox 811029 wrote:A workaround that can sometimes help in this situation is to log in initially with a small visibility range, then increase it gradually once your connection is established and stable.

I tried by logging even with about 150 nm range under enroute level but that didn't solve the issue.
By Jamie Fox 811029
#516793 When I say small, I mean take it right down to just a few miles at first and come up from there. And there's no guarantee this will be successful - it'll reduce the flow of data coming in from pilot clients but your connection is still going to be affected in other ways by the network around you being busy, and unfortunately there's nothing else I can think of on the client that can help with that.