- Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 pm
Magnus Meese 997444 wrote:While possibly local, not exclusive. I've run into the same problem multiple times. When it fails, the download page on your site also is inaccessible to me, unlike the rest of the site. I do run AVG, I have deselected web protection as of now, I'll check periodically if this fixes it.
Another point: Is there something faulty with my installation, or does AM not handle long running sessions yet? Performance deteriorate over time, and I must restart to have any quality use of the client. As AM is a bit slower to start and still unfamiliar, half the time I start ServInfo instead, as it's quicker and more embedded in my spine. I'd love it if AM could just run in the background as long as I'm on my PC.
- Different coloured pins (perhaps not default, but by option) indicating if a field has departing/arrived traffic on GND, one of the two, only ATC, or all three. Or another way to indicate this, as I'm quite clueless of what's going on at a glance, unlike with the software's predecessors.
- Direct links to the relevant stats.vatsim.net page of any ATC or pilot, as it is in ServInfo.
- Storing of window position and size.
For the download issue, we are slowly working on this as time goes on and we think only AVAST and AVG (funnily, two major antivirus products) are blocking our software. The only fix we have currently is to digitally sign the app which at this point, costs a large amount of money, more than we have received in donations unfortunately. We are looking to see if there is a more cost-effective way to do something like this as I too find this download issue annoying.
When the app starts, it does take a while due to it trying to load absolutely everything at the start, we are looking into making this load time quicker, but it is not going to be an immediate change unfortunately. Prior to v1.2.0, the app was laggy and jittery that made it become unusable after about 10 minutes of use. At the current version (1.2.0), the performance has been significantly improved (some say up to 5 times faster) to allow use of between 45mins-60mins depending on the user and we think this made a great improvement to the app. As far as long sessions go (several hours at a time), we are looking into the cause of the sluggishness but as of right now, this is hard to determine. I expect some performance improvements to come with subsequent updates in the future.Suggestions:Different coloured pins
- We currently have yellow pins to show what ATC is online, but still nothing to show deliveries, grounds and towers at a glance (though, I do have an idea), but you're welcome to suggestions. The different coloured pins won't work because if all three are logged on at an airport, which colour do you show?Direct Links
- This is possible, it is likely to be in a future updateStoring of window position and size
- This is currently being worked on, so expect it in a coming update.
VATSIM Controller 1 Rated
VATSIM P2 Rated