By Matthew Cianfarani 993838
#518298 Hi Jayme,

Vataware is a third party application that is not run by VATSIM itself. I would suggest trying to reach out to the developers of Vataware for direct assistance.
By Trent Hopkinson 812681
#518299 Vataware isn't run by Vatsim. It merely polls the server data once every 2 to 5 minutes, and then publishes that data on their own website.

Contacts for the developers of vataware are listed on their website
http://beta.vataware.com/about/team
By Jim Hurst 1353723
#518367 Interesting (and amusing).

Mind you, that's not the only issue with Vataware. For instance, I'm still trying to figure out why the default FSX F18 (Canadian livery) is listed as "Private: (Lithuania)" in Vataware (see this link of an F18 flight). In fact, as far as I can tell, Lithuania doesn't even operate F18's, at least according to this site.
The Air base consists of HQ, Air operation group and Operational support group. The Air base operates following aircrafts: Letov L-410 UVP Turbolet, Mi-8MTV, C-27J Spartan, L-39ZA Albatross and AS 365N3+ „Dauphin".

Go Figure.

Cheers,
Jim
By Kieran Thomson 1290610
Jim Hurst 1353723 wrote:Interesting (and amusing).

Mind you, that's not the only issue with Vataware. For instance, I'm still trying to figure out why the default FSX F18 (Canadian livery) is listed as "Private: (Lithuania)" in Vataware (see this link of an F18 flight). In fact, as far as I can tell, Lithuania doesn't even operate F18's, at least according to this site.
The Air base consists of HQ, Air operation group and Operational support group. The Air base operates following aircrafts: Letov L-410 UVP Turbolet, Mi-8MTV, C-27J Spartan, L-39ZA Albatross and AS 365N3+ „Dauphin".

Go Figure.

Cheers,
Jim

Likely as your callsign begins with LY, which is the Lithuanian registration prefix.
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Kieran Thomson 1290610 wrote:Likely as your callsign begins with LY, which is the Lithuanian registration prefix.

Wouldn't only letters be used? (Or does it work like ITU prefixes, where the range "LY-AAA to LY-ZZZ", which includes the entire alphabet, also includes numbers?) Either way, I suspect you're right.
By Jim Hurst 1353723
Kieran Thomson 1290610 wrote:
Likely as your callsign begins with LY, which is the Lithuanian registration prefix.

That's very interesting. As can be seen in the Vataware link, the callsign is "LYNX41", so it does begin with "LY". I chose "LYNX" (and a flight number) from a list of military aircraft callsigns, in this case, the sign for F-18 flights out of Cold Lake, Alberta (416 Sqn) as noted by this pdf document, since that is the group I was simulating. Evidently Vataware only assumes civil aviation flights (and probably known airline codes).

Thanks for the plausible explanation, Kieran -- now I can quit making a bald spot from scratching my head over that one. :D

Cheers,
Jim