By Andreas Fuchs 810809
#497124 Will be there! Is there a newsletter that one can subscribe in in order to not miss any crucial updates?

London...I can smell a curry :)
By Daniel Gomes 810882
Andreas Fuchs 810809 wrote:Will be there! Is there a newsletter that one can subscribe in in order to not miss any crucial updates?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You, again????????? Oh my ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to see you there, again ....
By Richard McDonald Woods 843615
#497135 Can we have an undertaking from the Executive Committee to a release date of swift at the event? :twisted:
By Kieran Hardern 1010573
Andreas Fuchs 810809 wrote:Will be there! Is there a newsletter that one can subscribe in in order to not miss any crucial updates?

We will put in place ways you can keep up to date and ways to make things more visible as the planning progresses.

Richard McDonald Woods 843615 wrote:Can we have an undertaking from the Executive Committee to a release date of swift at the event? :twisted:

The Executive Committee is comprised of the Region Directors of VATSIM and broadly speaking are responsible for developing policy of region and local operations. This does not include network infrastructure/development. So... you could ask... :lol:
By Mark-Julius Pikat 1051954
#497230 Also missed Vienna, let's hope I am not missing London this time. Might be difficult though because of work :?
Last edited by Mark-Julius Pikat 1051954 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Tim Barber 819096
#497274 Obviously specifics are unavailable for this event at this time, but I am curious, in general terms... Is London an expensive city to visit in terms of accommodation, meals, etc...?
By Johan Grauers 1113891
Tim Barber 819096 wrote:Obviously specifics are unavailable for this event at this time, but I am curious, in general terms... Is London an expensive city to visit in terms of accommodation, meals, etc...?

It might vary in terms of where you're from, but from my reference (being Swedish which is fairly expensive) yes London is quite expensive.

That said it is also massive, and there are budget options available (sometimes so budget they're better avoided but good budget options do exist). Also for europeans there are so many flight options there should be no issue finding a decent price ticket, and even from the US and asia there are loads of airlines operating into London so hopefully everyone should be able to find good tickets.

My guess is that for most the hotel accomodation will be the most expensive, not outrageous probably, but it is a major city and in my opinion it is above average in terms of cost.

I'm sure some of the Londoners we have can fill in more info.

If I can make it I'd love to come down for this, as always though it depends so much on timing with my shifts, but fingers crossed!
By Andreas Fuchs 810809
Daniel Gomes 810882 wrote:You, again????????? Oh my ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to see you there, again ....

Yes, and this time I will hopefully be able to actually talk and not just whisper :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
By Damon Hemstrom Burton 1270930
Tim Barber 819096 wrote:Obviously specifics are unavailable for this event at this time, but I am curious, in general terms... Is London an expensive city to visit in terms of accommodation, meals, etc...?

It really depends on where in London it is. Like, a hotel in the city centre will cost upwards of 90 GBP a night. It really depends on what you like. A proper hotel in London can cost over 200 pounds, but there's a lot of variation and it depends on when and where. I wouldn't shell out that much, I'd prefer a "budget hotel" which are perfectly fine in London (just avoid Feltham, Peckham and Tower Hamlets - my opinion ofc)

Being cheaper, I'd personally settle for a Premier Inn (Large UK hotel chain, dotted around London, near Tube stations - will cost 60 GBP+ a night) - Comfy, safe, helpful, cheap and reliable. You don't need to shell out on the Ritz to enjoy London. Just get on the Tube and adventure!

As for food, it also depends. You can go to a fast food joint and spend under 9 quid, or you can go to a Michelin started restaurant and spend 900 quid.

Getting around is pretty good too.

From what I know, London is as expensive as you make it.

(Have to disagree with Johan, I think Sweden is much more expensive :P but worth it )
By Richard McDonald Woods 843615
#497631 Somewhere in west or south-west London that's near a tube station would be convenient for those arriving via EGLL and/or wishing to go into central London. Even a Heathrow hotel should be considered.