By Andreas Fuchs 810809
#517209 Hi Brad,
Bradley Flood 1311363 wrote:In regards to VATBOOK integration, it is definitely something we are looking into as there seems to be a lot of demand for something like this. The routes of all planes are just great circle mapped at the moment, the reason being that we do not have a current AIRAC data source (Navigraph?) to allow us to map their current flight planned route. Also performance is a key factor, and it would need to be thoroughly tested first. It may be on the horizon, but I can't make any promises at this stage.
very good. Please drop me a message if you need details on how to read VATBOOK-data from its source. Also, for AIRAC data, you may want to make it an option: if users install an AIRAC format of your choice (Qutescoop uses XPlane-data, but there may be more convenient formats for your cause), routes could be displayed in detail, otherwise GC-lines. But I agree, should it degrade performance significantly, then leave it out, for now.

For vroute-flightplans (read only) it is possible to directly access their database, you just need to get in touch with Michal Rok, the author and operator of this service.
By Jacob Holmes 1310219
Christoph Reule 1379750 wrote:Just downloaded and installed AccuMap, looks promising, keep on going! :D

Btw: a first look on the debug window (I noticed UKR_CTR was not completely displayed)...

Code: Select allCurrent Version: 1.0.0
HTTP error 404 retrieving http://accumap-project.com/res/FIRSubSectors/all/FIRPoly/UKDV.kml?f=1503648406083
Unable to retrieve http://accumap-project.com/res/FIRSubSectors/all/FIRPoly/UKDV.kml?f=1503648406083
JavaScript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined on line 610 for file:///D:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AccuMap/resources/app.asar/scripts/sectors.js
HTTP error 404 retrieving http://accumap-project.com/res/FIRSubSectors/all/FIRPoly/UKDV.kml?f=1503648406083

Fixed! We had some naming differences on the server, thanks for that report! :D
By Ira Robinson 1100092
#517229 I am seeing a couple things that need to be looked into. First, the screen movement is not smooth at all. The problem is very pronounced scrolling in and out. In fact the overall response became very slow and jerky the longer I was on. A restart did not change anything.

So I'm guessing that you are still working on the sectorization protocols, because the next thing I see a problem with that and, by default, the FIR boundaries. For example right now BOS_E_CTR is online and it's showing the area assigned. But it is not showing the entire ZBW airspace, so if a pilot is looking he is going to see uncontrolled airspace when it isn't.

Also, one of the sectors of NY_SW_CTR doesn't correctly show shared ownership of the sector with ZBW. And WRI_APP has taken over pretty much all of the KPHL sectors, with only one DEP sector indicated. Is there a rule that prioritizes what is shown and what isn't? I applaud the attempt to create the detail you have but I have to wonder what it would take to get all of that right, and then keep it current.

On the positive side, I like what you have done when you click on an aircraft. Showing the detail, the flightplan and visual mapping is great. The same for whenyou choose an airport. Is there a plan for this to pop-up when you simply point or roll-over same?

Not sure what the difference between the visual highlighting between the CTR controlled ARTCC's.

If it helps any this is what the debugger had when I looked just before I signed off:
Current Version: 1.0.1
JavaScript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'childNodes' of undefined on line 208 for file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AccuMap/resources/app.asar/scripts/settings.js
JavaScript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeValue' of undefined on line 129 for file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AccuMap/resources/app.asar/scripts/settings.js
JavaScript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'nodeValue' of undefined on line 766 for file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AccuMap/resources/app.asar/scripts/settings.js
By Andrew Ogden 1336925
#517239 Hello Ira, again thanks for the feedback, it really helps us enhance the program for everyone.
Ira Robinson 1100092 wrote:First, the screen movement is not smooth at all. The problem is very pronounced scrolling in and out. In fact the overall response became very slow and jerky the longer I was on. A restart did not change anything.

The program is designed to be slightly jerky while panning around the screen. This is an intentional feature to prevent unnecessary code from triggering causing the application to lag after a few data updates. The map would be unusable after a few refresh cycles if this wasn't implemented.
Ira Robinson 1100092 wrote:So I'm guessing that you are still working on the sectorization protocols, because the next thing I see a problem with that and, by default, the FIR boundaries. For example right now BOS_E_CTR is online and it's showing the area assigned. But it is not showing the entire ZBW airspace, so if a pilot is looking he is going to see uncontrolled airspace when it isn't.

Also, one of the sectors of NY_SW_CTR doesn't correctly show shared ownership of the sector with ZBW. And WRI_APP has taken over pretty much all of the KPHL sectors, with only one DEP sector indicated. Is there a rule that prioritizes what is shown and what isn't? I applaud the attempt to create the detail you have but I have to wonder what it would take to get all of that right, and then keep it current.

We are still in the process of completing sectors, and this will indeed be an ongoing process. If you see something that is wrong, or if something needs to be added, we have a fancy feature in our website where you can submit an airspace change for us to implement! Link: http://accumap-project.com/sectors.
By Thimo Koolen 1345135
#517256 The application notified me of a new update. It downloaded the program fine and said not to close the application. Downloading was finished, installer was opened but it needed to close the AccuMap application (this wasn't done automatically). I chose the "close application" option on the installer, but it was unable to close AccuMap.

So the automatic updater doesn't really work that well yet.
By Andrew Ogden 1336925
Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:The application notified me of a new update. It downloaded the program fine and said not to close the application. Downloading was finished, installer was opened but it needed to close the AccuMap application (this wasn't done automatically). I chose the "close application" option on the installer, but it was unable to close AccuMap.

We have had some bizarre problems with the auto updater in the past, and we understand that this is the case.
If you were able to download the update in the AccuMap client, but either the installer didnt open, or you recieved the same problem as Thimo, navigate to %appdata%/AccuMap, and run the "accumap-install.exe" file. If you do not have this file or the download was not successful, re download it from our website, http://accumap-project.com/#download
And, if the update downloaded, the installer ran, and the program re-opened, then welcome to V1.0.1!
Last edited by Andrew Ogden 1336925 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Eoin Motherway 1315348
#517275 Attention!
A bug was recently found that prevented AccuMap from auto-updating. If you continue to receive update alerts after downloading the update. Please re-download AccuMap from this page:
http://accumap-project.com/#download

You can also alternatively navigate to "%appdata%/AccuMap", and then run the accumap-install.exe file within.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

We are always on the lookout for more bugs, if you have any, please report them.
By Michael Pike 812012
#517282 V1.1.0 is a big improvement guys. Well done. A few new features too already!
The 'MAP CENTRE' setting is very useful - how about a button in there to set the current map centre as the default without having to know the cords.
By Bradley Flood 1311363
Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:I just noticed if I drag the sides to make the screen bigger, it doesn't change the size of the map but instead creates just a white space.

We are currently investigating this issue.

Michael Pike 812012 wrote:V1.1.0 is a big improvement guys. Well done. A few new features too already!
The 'MAP CENTRE' setting is very useful - how about a button in there to set the current map centre as the default without having to know the cords.

Thanks for your feedback. This is a good idea, it will most likely make the next update.
By Magnus Meese 997444
#517295 Settings not saving in this version either, trying the forums for reporting this time :) System notifications is the setting in question, resets to ON every time I start the program. Also, I still find it odd that a 64bit installer prefers the x86 Program Files.

And just as a personal preference: Bothersome stuff like sounds and notifications should be off by default :)
By Bradley Flood 1311363
Magnus Meese 997444 wrote:Settings not saving in this version either, trying the forums for reporting this time :) System notifications is the setting in question, resets to ON every time I start the program. Also, I still find it odd that a 64bit installer prefers the x86 Program Files.

And just as a personal preference: Bothersome stuff like sounds and notifications should be off by default :)

The 64bit installer, currently it is normal for this to occur as the x86 directory houses 32-Bit applications that run on 64Bit systems (we will look into this), but it seems to work fine for most users so it is not a major concern at the moment.

For the settings, is this in version 1.1.1? (It was released at about 1200 UTC). If so, could you please go to settings and check the debugger. Does it reload if you start the app, close it down and the start it again?

The sounds should be off by default anyway, so this is why it is weird and sounds like a loading issue like you stated above.