By Dhruv Kalra 878508
Andreas Fuchs 810809 wrote:
Shane VanHoven 1198462 wrote:He's the reason I personally have stayed off the network recently.
Why do people stay off the network because of one person doing stupid stuff? Our virtual airspace is huge, you can fly and control anywhere.

Some people have a preference for flying and controlling where they’re most familiar? I can’t say I blame him for refusing to engage if said individual is acting in a grossly unprofessional manner.
By Andreas Fuchs 810809
#535660 I understand this, but until this is sorted you can fly anywhere in VATSIM, this is the beauty of our virtual world.
By Shane VanHoven 1198462
Mark Taylor 1268798 wrote:And remember, not only can controllers Wallop pilots, but pilots can Wallop controllers that are abusing the privilege of the network.

I gave up on walloping anyone after I learned that an individual swearing on frequency wasn't grounds for removal. "Not enough evidence"
By Andrew Doubleday 844751
Hopefully you have filed feedback. I know who you are talking about, and there has been multiple occasions of him breaking rules on the network, and offending countless amounts of people. He's the reason I personally have stayed off the network recently. So file feedback, so that there can be a record of events and hopefully we can get this situation under control.

Certain this is directed at me. You've been overly arrogant since you've gotten into the FAA Shane... I won't say more than that but honestly. This entire conversation has been taken way out of context regarding the nature of what occurred in ZMP. I have way more positive feedback to counteract the statements made above. Number two, I'm obviously not real world and we all try to have a good time on here and, yeah I like to drink and hang and be a _real_ person when I stream 2-3 nights a week ATC... Most people have a great experience flying in. You and I need to talk privately to resolve what you are on about apparently.
By Martin Tornberg 1069087
#535691 I don't have the slightest clue of what happened. Bit in my opinion, if it is not much traffic and doesn't affect the ATC service I can't see any problem of a bit of "craic" on the frequency. As long as it's not abuse of a pilot/controller I can't see any problem of a bit of drink and flying or controlling for that matter from time to time, it is still a virtual world. And it is supposed to be fun as well. :)

Relax and enjoy the ATC service provided and have fun! :)
By Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Andreas Fuchs 810809 wrote:I understand this, but until this is sorted you can fly anywhere in VATSIM, this is the beauty of our virtual world.

To lighten the mood...

I'm going to need to try flying in Germany when Andreas is controlling... but I expect a beer in a giant stein and a plate of hot bratwurst and sauerkraut as a welcome. :mrgreen: