By Frode Skibrek 989663
#385954 Of course age matters.....It has to do with maturity...And if tyhey present as another age, they should be removed from VATSIM and not be allowed to join until their real age is confirmed. Either via sending copy of id-papers, or via a consent-form from their parents.
Last edited by Frode Skibrek 989663 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jody Turner 1018734
Darrol Larrok 1140797 wrote:Age isn't a numeric maturity index though. It's simply how long someone has existed for. Their are immature, irritating people of all ages.

I would give that a +100000000. I have some older people who have flown into my airspace who have the maturity of monkeys.

EDIT: And @Frode: The problem is that you can't confirm somebody's age on the network. All you can do is go by what numbers they put as their birthdate when registering. What can we make people do? Photocopy their birth certificates? I know somebody who was born in a third world country who doesn't even know his birthday, just his 'general age.'
By Ross Carlson 887155
Frode Skibrek 989663 wrote:And if tyhey present as another age, they should be removed from VATSIM and not be allowed to join until their real age is confirmed. Either via sending copy of id-papers, or via a consent-form from their parents.

1) How would we know that they lied about their age?

2) Are you volunteering to review these submitted documents and validate their authenticity?

In the end, it doesn't matter ... as has been said, age is not a reliable measure of maturity. Most if not all democracies have a minimum voting age, but they still get undesirables elected to public office. :) People of all ages make poor choices.
By Brendan Lynch 1167842
Ira Robinson 1100092 wrote:...... :lol:

And now that this thread has been taken completely off topic..............

Ira R..

Not totally, it was based on the idea that this small amount of posters critisizing are 13 year olds. And yes, I doubt it's very hard to lie about you're age to a computer.
By Tony Vienonen 1136602
#388670 My "favorite" form of criticism to read is the kind where someone will study the cockpit of the pic and then nit-pick the various settings that are wrong. I recall one recently where one made the observation that fuel was being used out of the wrong tanks. Who really cares? Really? It is stupid comments like that make me not post shots from the cockpit.
By tom van der elst 832562
Tony Vienonen 1136602 wrote:My "favorite" form of criticism to read is the kind where someone will study the cockpit of the pic and then nit-pick the various settings that are wrong. I recall one recently where one made the observation that fuel was being used out of the wrong tanks. Who really cares? Really? It is stupid comments like that make me not post shots from the cockpit.

Just post shots of a perfectly flown DME/ARC approach,
that'll shut them right up Tony :lol:
By Joshua Brady 1158151
#422386 Take Exmaple A, My recent screenshots (UAAA-UTTT......etcc), A new user has left his "subtle" opinion :) Now maybe my edits were poor, but hey ho.....i think they look ACE!! It has however knocked my confidence to post more screenshots in this forum!!

Example B, my screenshots (EICK-EGCC RYR118), Charan Kumar left a comment which credited my one photo but kindly told me what i had done wrong on photo 2. A model comment of constructive criticism :)
By Dave James 1018738
#422415 Josh

Take no notice if the criticism is not constructive but destructive. Carry on regardless my friend, if you continue to post up more shots then you win, stop posting and you (and the rest of us) loose.
Please keep posting and creating shots, thats what its all about, to share with the part of the membership that enjoys viewing screenshots, and that is the extreme vast majority :wink:

Best Regards
David
By Peter Millar 1043098
Tom Van Der Elst 832562 wrote:So it comes down to
"If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

If I see a screenshot I like, I comment.
If I see a screenshot I dislike, I do not comment.

Well said Tom.
If you want to critique a screenshot for gods sake, open a blog, separate from vatsim.
There are more important things to think about in this world