Air Traffic Controller Discussion With a Global Perspective
By Eoin Motherway 1315348
#494911 Controlling for the Brisbane RealOps event.
Brisbane Approach North (Controlling all arrival aircraft from the North and West.)
BN_APP

By David Zhong 1027224
#494919 (A mod may want to split off this side discussion)

Anders,

For the project I am working on, I am using PROJ4 (which has bindings for a variety of languages) which does my map projection and geodesic calculations. The great thing about this is that it not only projects the map as a conic (or anything else) but it also deals with the antimeridian (180W/180E) problem. Something you might want to check out when you get to that point.
By Luis Mauricio Esparza Sanchez 1104855
Anders Moen 1066135 wrote:Testing out some new home made oceanic tools together with Magnus Meese (997444) on Shanwick and Gander this evening :)

It looks good :)
By Andrew Morkunas 1017951
Eoin Motherway 1315348 wrote:Controlling for the Brisbane RealOps event.
Brisbane Approach North (Controlling all arrival aircraft from the North and West.)
BN_APP

Eoin,

What plugins are you using to create the button bars and flight strip bay? I am an avid EuroScope user and I am always looking for ways to "pimp it out."
By Dhruv Kalra 878508
#497484 Couple Minneapolis scopes showing off Ross' handiwork.

vERAM, ZMP during this past Saturday morning's staff up:

vSTARS, M98 during a Sweatbox scenario. I'm working South final while the trainee/instructor work the North final running parallel dependent ILS approaches:
By sebastian gosch 1221456
Luis Mauricio Esparza Sanchez 1104855 wrote:
Anders Moen 1066135 wrote:Testing out some new home made oceanic tools together with Magnus Meese (997444) on Shanwick and Gander this evening :)

It looks good :)

Any chance you could share your setup (files) ? Looks pretty nice!
By sebastian gosch 1221456
Morten Jelle 1012739 wrote:It is not something you download - it is webbased and only for Shanwick/Gander approved controllers. :)

Ah there you go! Thought it was Euroscope. Would appreciate that link when it becomes available - ES isn't optimal for this kind of procedural control.

rgds
By Morten Jelle 1012739
#497635 It is only made for the North Atlantic as far as I know - but it isn't finished yet. But you can look up the description on the VATSIM-UK forums.
By Anders Moen 1066135
#497653 Morten is correct, it is only for Shanwick/Gander for now.

I've also begun working on a third version of it. Especially the map will be significantly updated:
(click on it for full size)

I was lucky enough to have an image of the real system (though a bit old) posted in the VATSIM UK forums to give me an idea of its looks :)

Anyway, the link to the system is http://oca.vnas.net
But like Morten said, it's only for Gander/Shanwick controllers, so if you aren't on any of the two rosters available or have any online time on either of the sectors, there is absolutely no point in even trying to register - you will be rejected, as I don't want every one to have access ;)
(Not meant for you Sebastian, as I know you are rated for the position - just trying to save me for some work :p)