Air Traffic Controller Discussion With a Global Perspective
By Kirk Christie 956763
#497734 There is a video on youtube about Shanwick controlling that shows images of the software they use, might be worth a watch.
By Eoin Motherway 1315348
#499898 Half of Australia covered when on ML-KLG_CTR (Kalgoorlie) extending TRT (Territory) , PIL (Pilbara) and NUL (Nulabore). Finally got the lovely CPDLC working too :D

#500113 Nice setup Cathal, but i think i have something for VATEIR that you lads would love :D :D !!

I've been working on some Euroscope files to replicate the Irish system. I've pretty much overhauled the symbology, tags and lists and tiny bits of the sectorfile (for the coastline and EIDW STARS color) Here's a demo:

Main radar screen:

Ground radar:

Detailed data tag (When you hover your cursor over the tag):
TAG Layout:
Warnings
Callsign | Next sector | Assigned SQK | Aircraft type and wake category,
Current altitude | Vertical speed indicator | Temporary altitude | Ground speed | Destination | Cruise level,
Sector exit altitude (XFL)| Direct to waypoint,
Assigned heading (will show the direct to waypoint if given a direct to) | Assigned speed | Assigned rate| Scratchpad,

Tagged tag (when not hovering over tag):
TAG Layout:
Warnings
Callsign | Aircraft type and wake category,
Current altitude | Vertical speed indicator | Temporary altitude (if not the cruise level) | Ground speed

When the assigned heading, direct to, speed and rate are set:

Untagged tag:
TAG Layout:
Warnings
Callsign,
Current altitude | Vertical speed indicator | Temporary altitude (if not the cruise level)

Now onto colors!:

Assumed (Aircraft you are tracking):

Notified (Aircraft due to enter your sector):

Non-concerned (Aircraft on the radar that will not enter your sector):

Emergency (7700, SCTA, etc.)

Route display:

I had trouble getting handoff colors to work in the sim. When a handoff is initiated the tag should turn blue.

Now for the lists:

I suppose this is all self explanatory, "SCT" displays the controller who is tracking the aircraft and "HOLD" is actually the holding list plugin.

You can control the Holding List Plugin using the command line.
.hl show – to show the holding list
.hl hide – to hide the holding list
.hl add <point name> <callsign> - to add a plane to the list
.hl del <callsign> - to remove the plane from the list
.hl wait <minutes> <callsign> - to add a timer that counts down from <minutes> to 0.

Here are the images i based these settings off of: http://imgur.com/a/i2poC

Any chance you can put this up on VATEIR Cathal? Or should i just put it in the forums?
By Jouka Ahponen 1239359
#500126 Nice job Eoin.

Does these pictures have anything similar ;)

VATSIM Topsky Plugin for Euroscope by Juha Holopainen

Your IRL Image from the Ireland Radar air traffic controller using Topsky software

I really recommend checking out Topsky plugin by Juha Holopainen for Euroscope. With some tweaks it should be possible to port over to Ireland setup as well :). Ireland seems to use the B setup. Plugin has A and B setups. And for example Finland and Estonia uses A setup, and Sweden and apparently Ireland as well uses B setup. There is very detailed manual for developer as well to port it over. I can provide some further details on PM if you want :)

Best regards,
Jouka Ahponen
Jouka Ahponen 1239359 wrote:Nice job Eoin.

Does these pictures have anything similar ;)

VATSIM Topsky Plugin for Euroscope by Juha Holopainen

Your IRL Image from the Ireland Radar air traffic controller using Topsky software

I really recommend checking out Topsky plugin by Juha Holopainen for Euroscope. With some tweaks it should be possible to port over to Ireland setup as well :). Ireland seems to use the B setup. Plugin has A and B setups. And for example Finland and Estonia uses A setup, and Sweden and apparently Ireland as well uses B setup. There is very detailed manual for developer as well to port it over. I can provide some further details on PM if you want :)

Best regards,
Jouka Ahponen

This looks great, I'll definitely look into it :D
Any chance you can give me a link?