Air Traffic Controller Discussion With a Global Perspective
By Ruth McTighe 824054
#49912 Do you want to try your hand at controlling? Are you wondering where to start?

A short guide to starting out as a VATSIM controller is now available at www.vatsim.net . Click on "NEW ATC START HERE" in the left hand menu.

Ruth McTighe
Vice President Communications, VATSIM
ruth (at) vatsim.net
By Norman Guffick 935816
#53326 I have recently passed my Student exam and then requested mentoring, but with no response from anyone in my Division. Is there any restrictions at widening my search for Mentors? I am a willing learner, and would study any other local procedures etc., in order to start controlling.

Norman
By Ruth McTighe 824054
#53849 Norman, this has been replied to in the Vatsim-UK forum. If you are still having problems, please contact your Regional Training Scheme Manager [email protected] And be aware you do need to give at least several days notice of when you would like a mentoring session.

Ruth
By Jim Costello 958930
#53992 Hello, Jim Costello here (sometimes I go by Jerry). I;m a pilot in the real world, but I want to start my training as a controller in the virtual world. I'm completely new and pretty much need walked through everything. I appreciate your guiding me along.
JC
By Lakhbir Singh 936840
#58659 [quote="Jim Costello 958930"]Hello,Lakhbir Singh here (sometimes I go by lak). I'm a pilot in the ireal world, but I want to start my training as a controller in the virtual world. I have had past experience.But i need someone to go through everything.with me so that i remember stuff.i am on leave until the 27th of Nov06.I appreciate your guiding me along.

Regards
Lakhbir
By Baqer Hussaen 987705
#109126 Hi guys,

Can I get the links for ATC Training? I am a VATSIM pilot but I want to do some ATC work also. For pilot's there is the PRC but nothing is readily available for ATC training. Thanks in advance.
By Ruth McTighe 824054
#109182 Bager , there's lots and lots of stuff available for people training as VATSIM controllers. It's on the individual country/division websites as training and some of the procedures are specific to particular countries. I suggest you go to www.vatsim.net and click on "New ATC Start Here" which will tell you where to find it all.

Which country do you want to train in?

Ruth
VATGOV7
Vice President - Communications
By Roberto Negron 852648
#121121 I forgot CID and the system will not let me use a hotmail account to change email address.I use wireless internet and does not have an actual email from an ISP.What to do?
By Luca Vetturi 874351
#123538 You should ask you your division training department :-)
By Norman Blackburn 870575
Lakhbir Singh 936840 wrote:..i don't relly have a division i think

There is a training department for the area you live in and I am sure the division you have chosen has one also.
By Lakhbir Singh 936840
Norman Blackburn 870575 wrote:
Lakhbir Singh 936840 wrote:..i don't relly have a division i think

There is a training department for the area you live in and I am sure the division you have chosen has one also.

i just realized that i was in the Central American division

cheers

lak