Air Traffic Controller Discussion With a Global Perspective
By David Epstein 1252585
#502681 I have been searching for a PTT for this headset and cannot come across a USB connection. I do not know too much about these headsets, so any help would be great! If you know of a better one and a PTT that goes well with it, please let me know!
Thank You!
By Andrew Morkunas 1017951
#502698 I would recommend the program joker.exe http://nyartcc.org/sectorfiles/Joker.zip. It allows you to map your PPT to virtual keystrokes so you can type on the keyboard and have the PPT pressed at the same time. I use this with a foot switch I do not have issues if I were to use the CTRL, SHIFT, ESC... keys as the PPT. I have used joker successfully with VRC, EuroScope and TeamSpeak.
By Even Rognlien 1047601
Ernesto Alvarez 818262 wrote:Plantronics SSP1051-03 for the PTT, use the DA40 adapter for the USB connection

How do you get the PTT working with ES/VRC using this setup? I don't think the DA40 has a built-in joystick micro-controller? :/ to me it looks like the PTT on the SSP1051-03 is just for muting/un muting the microphone, without a separate circuit for the PTT. In that case, you will need a software that emulates a key press based on sound detection, in order to simulate the PTT.

I would have bought the SHS2355 instead, which is USB sound and PTT in one adapter.. the PTT is detected as a joystick button and can be mapped to a keystroke using joker.
By Even Rognlien 1047601
#502924 I think the only way you can use the button as PTT in your ATC client is to use a software that listens to the mic and emulates a keystroke while sound is detected (the button on your device is used for unmuting, right?). I don't know of any such software, and I don't think it will work so well either..

I suggest you return the DA40 and the PTT and order the SHS2355. The SHS2355 will appear as one joystick device and one sound device. I use this with the H51N headset and it works great :)
By David Epstein 1252585
Even Rognlien 1047601 wrote:I think the only way you can use the button as PTT in your ATC client is to use a software that listens to the mic and emulates a keystroke while sound is detected (the button on your device is used for unmuting, right?). I don't know of any such software, and I don't think it will work so well either..

I suggest you return the DA40 and the PTT and order the SHS2355. The SHS2355 will appear as one joystick device and one sound device. I use this with the H51N headset and it works great :)

Thanks I will give that a try!
By David Epstein 1252585
Even Rognlien 1047601 wrote:I think the only way you can use the button as PTT in your ATC client is to use a software that listens to the mic and emulates a keystroke while sound is detected (the button on your device is used for unmuting, right?). I don't know of any such software, and I don't think it will work so well either..

Just got the money from selling the other items on eBay, would this be what you are referring to? https://www.headsetsdirect.com/shs2355- ... apter.html
By Andrew Doubleday 844751
#506311 If you want the PTT, that's the one to go with.

I run joker for the PTT, set as a ghost key so it doesn't interfere with the keyboard (F24 virtual key). They way I can type and talk simultaneously. Also use a foot petal in combo with the PTT. Set to the same virtual key so I can interchange between the two.

http://www.delcomproducts.com/productde ... =703600-SM