Air Traffic Controller Discussion With a Global Perspective
By Michael Filhol 1269327
#503155 Re. the warnings in your picture: I have added a few entries to the list of customisable colours, so they are now missing in your setup since your upgrade. To get rid of the warnings, you can add the missing entries to the settings/colours.ini file following the contained format, or more simply, if you have not been customising any colours: delete it---a new one will be generated with the defaults on next run.

Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:And where would I add the Euroscope sector files? I can't find them so far.

ATC-pie does not support those files directly, since the data is not free and not packaged, and is redundant with a lot of what is already provided. However, the now packaged "sectorExtract.py" script translates some of the .sct files to a set of "DRAW" files to merge, split, recolour and adjust to your liking. Images can be resourced at runtime through the system menu: reload > background images.

As stated further up, to understand how to set up your background image list and menu toggles at a given location, please read the resources/bg-img/Notice file, and have a look at the KSFO example. The basic idea is to create, say for EHAM, a file called resources/bg-img/EHAM.lst containing one line per image to import, which you can then toggle on/off at runtime.

NB: For the moment, only the GEO section is sourced and translated, but airspace boundaries will probably come soon.
By Thimo Koolen 1345135
#503162 I extracted the sector file and followed the guide. I moved the files to resources/bg-img and did a few renaming things, etc. When I start ATC-Pie now, it doesn't say "no background image found" anymore, so it found the sector file. It however doesn't show anything.

Extracted sector file: http://pastebin.com/PHUzY7g0

It doesn't show me anything at KSFO as well (which is included as an example).

Question about the open street map: does it work? Every time I get a timeout after like a minute trying to download it. I already brought the scale down, but no success.
Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:I extracted the sector file and followed the guide. I moved the files to resources/bg-img and did a few renaming things, etc. When I start ATC-Pie now, it doesn't say "no background image found" anymore, so it found the sector file. It however doesn't show anything.

Yes, it found it, and you probably missed the "Img" menu under the radar screens from which you can toggle each file on and off, KSFO example included. At this point you understand the point of rearranging your files and drawing sections in such a way that they toggle together or separately as you desire. After script run, sector objects are grouped by type as specified in the sector file.

Also, if you are interested, I have just enhanced the script to extract ARTCC boundaries as well. If you PM me an email address or something, I can send it to you.
EDIT: version r10h is now out, and contains this extension, as well as SID and STAR sections

Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:Question about the open street map: does it work? Every time I get a timeout after like a minute trying to download it. I already brought the scale down, but no success.

This feature works but is only a helper tool to download still images for user-given points, everything you can do yourself from OSM directly if you prefer. The problem is often that the OSM still image server is quite limited in use, and from what I remember large image files are often rejected, and after a few connections IPs are rejected to avoid repeated queries and server overload. Try with a very small res and small map coverage once first after 24 hours to check on the server status and the working state of the feature.

A timeout is quite different to a corrupt image or a rejected connection so it is likely that this somewhat unreliable server was just down at that moment.
Last edited by Michael Filhol 1269327 on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
#503218 Thank you Dace, nice work you shared there! It is almost upsetting to see how otherwise few airports have a ground net available.
Are you the author of this one? If so, I opened it myself and noticed that the TWY turn-offs and RWY intersecting edges were all unlabelled, e.g. E1, E2, E3... are all interrupted on either side of 36R. The result in ATC-pie is that they are considered apron edges, which generates funny "cross on apron" instructions so you might want to tag those too.
Last edited by Michael Filhol 1269327 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Joshua Davidson 1340514
#506547 The easiest way to launch ATC-pie on Windows is with WinPython, and my batch script:
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=30883
https://github.com/it0uchpods/ATC-Pie-L ... or-Windows

Anyone still have the EHAM data files? I'd like to have them!

Josh