Air Traffic Controller Discussion With a Global Perspective
By KooperJames Archis 1392648
#516962 Hi you! Just one question. I recently joined VATSIM as a pilot, (I must say, I am loving it!) however I wanted to start ATCing. I am not sure how to setup my account, I am aware I need training, however, because I signed up as a pilot, I am not sure how to change it to controller/pilot. (I would prefer to do both). Can anyone give me guidance?
By Bahaeddine El-Zarif 1123672
KooperJames Archis 1392648 wrote:Hi you! Just one question. I recently joined VATSIM as a pilot, (I must say, I am loving it!) however I wanted to start ATCing. I am not sure how to setup my account, I am aware I need training, however, because I signed up as a pilot, I am not sure how to change it to controller/pilot. (I would prefer to do both). Can anyone give me guidance?

Kooper,

If I was in your shoes, I would contact the division or vACC I am a member of to get set up on ATC training.
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
#516969 You could contact them... but it's quite possible that they already provide all of the necessary information to get you going.

The Training link under ATC on the main VATSIM website gives a rough explanation of what ATC is on VATSIM and how to get started on becoming one ("Joining A Division").