By Even Rognlien 1047601
#342210 Maybe a stupid idea...but...
Is there any way that real world data from http://www.flightradar24.com/ could be integrated in EuroScope trough a live server, a simulator server or something? Would be really cool if we could follow real air traffic in Euroscope! :mrgreen:
By Even Rognlien 1047601
#342321 I know that ES not is made for that, but i think it would be nice to have the aircrafts moving on a high realistic radar where we can change colours, move and edit the tags, show SID/STARs and airways drawed on the map ++. -instead of the google map =)
By Oliver Gruetzmann 961224
Gergely Csernak 904331 wrote:I am thinking on an SBS-1 data feed at the moment, and also the possibility to allow a plug-in to pupm data into the system.

You know my C++ is not that perfect, but I also thought about that. Would assist in testing and - where able - programming.

SBS-1 is available :)
By Ross Carlson 887155
Oliver Gruetzmann 961224 wrote:Hopefully... But I bet it won't take long until someone tries to control those aircraft, too :D

Those darn real world pilots, they just don't listen to ATC instructions!!! ;)
By Gergely Csernak 904331
#343742 I uploaded a trial version of the program to http://www.euroscope.hu/sbstofsdproxy/SBStoFSDproxy.zip. It is actually a very lightweight FSD server. You can connect to it with EuroScope. It supports multiple connections therefore you can share your SBS-1 traffic. It also supports private chats, but no more functions.

When started you can connect it to the SBS-1 TCP/IP socket by defining the server and the port. It displays all the incoming data in the list and also sends the data as plane position to EuroScope clients. It has a built in error recovery to be able to interpret the non complete lines from SBS-1.

If it has data about a plane then it moves it in every 5 seconds (to be conform with FSD) to the last known direction with the last known GS. When a real coordinate is received then an IDENT is sent. In this way you will know what is simulated and what is real.

In the packet you can find some data files:
- icao24.txt - is a list of the ICAO hexident and plane registration numbers (there are 7818 records so far)
- aircrafts.txt - is a list of registered aircraft based on their registration number (161868 records so far)
- flightplans.txt - is a list of flight plans (19024 records so far)

You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start.

Just try it and have some fun.

p.s. You may send notes on it to here, but it is not a fully supported program. Just use as it is.
By Gergely Csernak 904331
#343823 Yes, that is what I tried to suggest by "You may need to copy the Microsoft DLLs and manifest files from your EuroScope installation if the EXE does not start." Copy the following files to the EXE folder:

mfc80.dll
mfc80u.dll
mfcm80.dll
mfcm80u.dll
MFCMIFC80.dll
Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest
msvcm80.dll
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll