By Karl Sawatzky 1272864
#499073 Hello,

Ross Carlson has released his Vpilot 2.0 BETA which boasts a tower view option (command - .towerview).

Does anyone know if this would be possible to work with Euroscope?

More specifically, would this work to connect P3D v3 multiplayer tower view to Euroscope through VPilot .towerview command?

Thanks!
By Andrew Morkunas 1017951
Karl Sawatzky 1272864 wrote:Hello,

Ross Carlson has released his Vpilot 2.0 BETA which boasts a tower view option (command - .towerview).

More specifically, would this work to connect P3D v3 multiplayer tower view to Euroscope through VPilot .towerview command?

Thanks!

Oh yes it works. Ross specifically put the .towerview command/feature into vPilot to connect to EursoScope's proxy server so that tower views are possible. I have used vPilot's version 1.x to set up tower view using FSX and P3D v2. I am not aware of your request "P3D v3 multiplayer tower view"

The set up is as simple as running EuroScope and starting the Proxy Server. Then use vPilot to connect to the machine that is running EuroScope. You will have to set up specific cameras to get the view you want, and when it works it's fantastic.

I have control issues - Tower view is KEWR 4L during Cross the Pond Eastbound 2015.
By Karl Sawatzky 1272864
#499143 Thanks for all the info. Andrew.

How are you connecting your sim (P3D) to the network? Are you going into the multiplayer section or just setting up a free flight?

I must be doing something wrong because I still don't see aircraft in my sim.
By Andrew Morkunas 1017951
#499144 After you start EuroScope on the connect menu you press Start Proxy Server. Start up your sim as you would normally to connect to the VATSIM network. There are no multiplayer settings you need to touch in P3D, you do not use them when connecting to VATSIM. Connect to the proxy server as described in the vPilot 2.x documentation, you will find the instructions in the Dot Commands section. Now I do not have vPilot 2.x, I'll wait for the stable version before I get this working again (this gives me the idea to put together a YouTube video on how to set up tower view). The beauty of vPilot is the model matching so when you are working the cab and Speedbird Concorde 192 Heavy calls for taxi when you look out to his terminal position you actually see a Concorde with the British Airways livery, provided of course you have all the proper models and liveries loaded, but that is another forum thread altogether. Good luck, your mileage may vary.

By Umar Ashraf 1281052
#499145 Anyone know why this happens when I have everything for Tower View setup?

[10:32:02.345] vPilot version 2.0.0.0
[10:32:02.386] Still no model selected for N481WK after position update #22 - requesting aircraft info
[10:32:03.101] Still no model selected for USAF115 after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info
[10:32:03.743] Still no model selected for FDX123 after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info
[10:32:04.022] Still no model selected for KAP1738 after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info
[10:32:05.200] Still no model selected for N298MC after position update #24 - requesting aircraft info
[10:32:07.365] Still no model selected for N481WK after position update #23 - requesting aircraft info
By Ross Carlson 887155
#499163 It could be that ES is not passing aircraft model information through the proxy connection. It might be because vPilot 2.0 connects to the tower view server as an ATC observer connection, whereas vPilot 1.0 connected as a pilot connection. I changed it because it makes much more sense to use observer mode for tower view.

I have no idea if my hunch is right ... someone from the ES dev team would have to chime in here.
By Karl Sawatzky 1272864
#499169 Well this is very strange, indeed. Can't seem to get this working.

I can connect to the network using VPilot if I "Connect as Observer" in the connection pop-up menu; but that of course means I would have two connections to the VATSIM network at the same time(Eursoscope and VPilot), which is a no-no.
By Karl Sawatzky 1272864
#499172 Would the difference in port numbers make a difference? I see Euroscope port TCP #6810 while the VPilot port is #6909.

I'm not a networker so I'm not sure what impact this has on the connection but thought I'd share my discovery.
By Ross Carlson 887155
#499177 My guess is that ES also listens on port 6809, because Umar's post suggests that he's getting a connection, since he sees all the callsigns.
By Kirk Christie 956763
Andrew Morkunas 1017951 wrote:
Karl Sawatzky 1272864 wrote:Hello,

Thanks!

Oh yes it works. Ross specifically put the .towerview command/feature into vPilot to connect to EursoScope's proxy server so that tower views are possible. I have used vPilot's version 1.x to set up tower view using FSX and P3D v2. I am not aware of your request "P3D v3 multiplayer tower view"

The set up is as simple as running EuroScope and starting the Proxy Server. Then use vPilot to connect to the machine that is running EuroScope. You will have to set up specific cameras to get the view you want, and when it works it's fantastic.

I have control issues - Tower view is KEWR 4L during Cross the Pond Eastbound 2015.

Im not sure if I would want to work in that Tower, seems light it might be a bit noisy.
By Johnny Coughlan 861497
#499381 Euroscope needs to be updated so both it an vpilot can communicate better to make tower view work. This is why I haven't updated vpilot yet.

It is much better to work GND/TWR being able to look at planes moving around rather than just a 2D radar screen.

@euroscope staff

Please update the client to make this work smoothly :D .
By Pavel Brodsky 982568
#499812 Did you guys get it working? I am connected by latest Euroscope, started Proxy server. On the same machine FSX running, vPilot 2 (latest version) running. Using command .towerview vPilot says

[11:29:00] Connecting to network...
[11:29:00] Connected to network in observer mode.

No error messages, but I can not see any aircraft in FSX. All my model matchings are correct, as a standard pilot connection I can see everyone correctly.

Pavel