By Bjoern Helge Smaavollan 1055999
Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:Does anyone also remember the little trick so you could move around in your tower?

Define "move around".

If you think about "turning your head" with a hat switch or similar and changing work stations, you just start a multiplayer session for your self, where you set your role as ATC. Start the session then connect vPilot tower view :)
By Gergely Csernak 904331
Johnny Coughlan 861497 wrote:Oh yeah, just make sure to proxy in euroscope is on but I think it should be by default anyways.

No. The proxy connection is used by ES-ES only. vPilot uses the FSD server that is automatically started when ES connects to the server or when you start playing back a saved session. This way you can use vPilot tower view when playing old sessions.
By Tony Manolo 1323805
Bjoern Helge Smaavollan 1055999 wrote:
Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:Does anyone also remember the little trick so you could move around in your tower?

Define "move around".

If you think about "turning your head" with a hat switch or similar and changing work stations, you just start a multiplayer session for your self, where you set your role as ATC. Start the session then connect vPilot tower view :)

I did exactly as suggested in the quote above. I started a private multiplayer session and it worked. I was looking down at CYVR from the tower. TrackIR worked and I had a 360 degree view of the airport by simply moving my head. AWESOME! HOWEVER, for some reason the model matching was not working. All the aircrafts were being shown as CRJ7 which is the default model for P3D. When I installed vpilot it automatically recognized and added the UT2 models as well as the one for my Canadian Xpress VA. Can anyone tell me why I'm not seeing the models as they are?
By Ross Carlson 887155
#503361 Tony, open up the aircraft window (enter the .aircraft command or click the Aircraft button on the host if running in split host/remote mode) and post a screenshot. That'll possibly give some clues as to why your model matching isn't working.

Does model matching work right when you connect vPilot to VATSIM rather than to ES?
By Tony Manolo 1323805
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Tony, open up the aircraft window (enter the .aircraft command or click the Aircraft button on the host if running in split host/remote mode) and post a screenshot. That'll possibly give some clues as to why your model matching isn't working.

Does model matching work right when you connect vPilot to VATSIM rather than to ES?

Ok here is the screenshot as requested. And, regarding your question, I installed this version of vpilot only yesterday and I haven't had the chance to fly online yet. So, I can't tell you if the model matching would work by connecting via vpilot. That said however, just as I'm typing this reply, ACA153 landed and I noticed that his aircraft was showing as an A320 which is what he filed. So, it appears as though some models are working.

Tony Manolo
By Tony Manolo 1323805
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Which model were you expecting to see for the C172?

Do you really think the 172 is the problem? A better question is.... what model was I expecting to see for the B737? Maybe the C172 is not modeled in UT2, but I'm sure the B737 is.

Tony Manolo.
By Thimo Koolen 1345135
Tony Manolo 1323805 wrote:
Bjoern Helge Smaavollan 1055999 wrote:

Define "move around".

I did exactly as suggested in the quote above. I started a private multiplayer session and it worked. I was looking down at CYVR from the tower. TrackIR worked and I had a 360 degree view of the airport by simply moving my head. AWESOME! HOWEVER, for some reason the model matching was not working. All the aircrafts were being shown as CRJ7 which is the default model for P3D. When I installed vpilot it automatically recognized and added the UT2 models as well as the one for my Canadian Xpress VA. Can anyone tell me why I'm not seeing the models as they are?

I didn't had problems with model matching, but with the position. Is it possible to move the camera up to be placed above the tower roof?
By Ross Carlson 887155

Do you really think the 172 is the problem? A better question is.... what model was I expecting to see for the B737? Maybe the C172 is not modeled in UT2, but I'm sure the B737 is.

I'm confused ... there is no B737 in your screenshot. I asked about the C172 because that's the only one that was not matched and resulted in the default CRJ.
By Bjoern Helge Smaavollan 1055999
Thimo Koolen 1345135 wrote:I didn't had problems with model matching, but with the position. Is it possible to move the camera up to be placed above the tower roof?

You can press Ctrl+enter, shift+enter, Ctrl+backspace and shift+backspace to move your "Seat" up, down, back or forward. Same as in any cockpit.

But isn't the point with this feature to simulate a tower view? :p
By Ross Carlson 887155
#503399 I like to have an unobstructed view of the field as well. I don't like being "inside" a tower model, because you can't easily simulate leaning forward and looking up to see aircraft that might be obstructed by the tower ceiling. So what I usually do is edit the saved flight to put my altitude slightly above the tower.
By Tony Manolo 1323805
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:

I'm confused ... there is no B737 in your screenshot. I asked about the C172 because that's the only one that was not matched and resulted in the default CRJ.

I'm not sure what you're confused about. I never said the C172 is the "only" one that was not matched. I did say that not all models matched. And the reason why there is no B737 in the screenshot is because there wasn't anyone flying one when I took that shot. But just because the screenshot was of a C172, you can't automatically assume that's the only one that didn't match. Let me put it to you this way. You saw a screenshot that I do indeed have matching rules set. Nevertheless, some airplanes match and others don't and the B737 is one of the ones that don't. So, this brings me back full circle to my original question... can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Tony Manolo
By Ross Carlson 887155
#503412 Tony, I don't know if your tone is getting distorted in this textual medium, but you sound aggravated and defensive. Take a deep breath and reset.

Tony Manolo 1323805 wrote:I'm not sure what you're confused about. I never said the C172 is the "only" one that was not matched.

I didn't say that you said so. I'm going strictly from this screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/gmSWBgR.png

That screenshot clearly shows a C172 that didn't get matched, resulting in the default CRJ.

Tony Manolo 1323805 wrote:I did say that not all models matched. And the reason why there is no B737 in the screenshot is because there wasn't anyone flying one when I took that shot. But just because the screenshot was of a C172, you can't automatically assume that's the only one that didn't match.

That's the only one that didn't result in a match IN YOUR SCREENSHOT.

Tony Manolo 1323805 wrote:Nevertheless, some airplanes match and others don't and the B737 is one of the ones that don't.

Can you provide a screenshot that shows a B737 that is not resulting in a model match?