By Trevor Hannant 1240481
Pavel Brodsky 982568 wrote:I think BoG should intervene here as this is clearly a flaw in vatsim protocol. Maybe the protocol could be hotfixed or clients using this plugin be automatically kicked? This is potentially huge problem. Anybody from BoG here?

Pavel

You want to kick off dozens of active controllers in one of the busiest divisions? Bit much isn't it?
By Bradley Grafelman 1242018
Trevor Hannant 1240481 wrote:You want to kick off dozens of active controllers in one of the busiest divisions? Bit much isn't it?

Perhaps he has faith that those dozens of controllers will be just as capable of performing their duties without using one (apparently malfunctioning) plugin.
By Matthew Burton 1270824
Bradley Grafelman 1242018 wrote:Perhaps he has faith that those dozens of controllers will be just as capable of performing their duties without using one (apparently malfunctioning) plugin.

Would you like to show your alternative to give us a squawk code to and from any airport in the world without having to mess about with tables of codes, pick one, enter it, to find it is already in use and have to pick again, all while managing a busy frequency? And I'm sure you wouldn't be to happy if I vectored you through the localiser because I'm to busy finding a code to some remote location.
By Morten Jelle 1012739
#513656 Don't fight - it is just a plugin. ;)
The issue has been identified and will (hopefully soon) be corrected. But it seems currently that it is not only the plugin that causes trouble but Euroscope itself.

I know how annoying this is, but there are people looking at the issue - they just need to find a suitable fix for it.
By Andreas Fuchs 810809
Matthew Burton 1270824 wrote: Would you like to show your alternative to give us a squawk code to and from any airport in the world without having to mess about with tables of codes, pick one, enter it, to find it is already in use and have to pick again, all while managing a busy frequency?
Just press F9 one more time in Euroscope and you'll get another transponder code that will probably work...

I agree that the problems that this plugin is creating need to be resolved ASAP, but they are not the end of the world. The effects are just VERY annoying for neighbouring controllers!
By Philipp Edlich 1081694
Andreas Fuchs 810809 wrote:The effects are just VERY annoying for neighbouring controllers!

They are annoying for every controller after UK sectors. I have a lot of aircrafts from EG** passing through LJLA_CTR/ADR_CTR and often need to deal with their tags longer than necessary. And potentially miss instructing a final turn myself.
By Simon Irvine 858680
#513731 Folks

Although this plug in is no longer officially associated with the Division, I have spoken to the developer tonight who has been testing a fix.

I am hoping that this issue will be resolved very soon.

Thanks

Simon
By Pavel Brodsky 982568
Trevor Hannant 1240481 wrote:You want to kick off dozens of active controllers in one of the busiest divisions? Bit much isn't it?

Now imagine that those dozens of active controllers are controlling their busiest airports and some unknown guy connects at the smallest airport tower on the other side of the globe and starts using his software that would interfere with 80% the busiest division's traffic. Don't you think somebody would .wallop him?

Thanks to Craig for investigating, but I am afraid that it will be quite long term project to instruct everybody to update their plugins. Lot of people don't visit forums daily or will not notice at all. But maybe the plugin has automatic update, who knows...

Pavel