By Gregory Verba 936417
#511355 Hello.
I have some strange problem with euroscope connection.
During controlling , after about 30 min -1 hr, I stop hearing the pilots and they cannot contact me. During it the station is connected to Vatsim.
After pressing twice RCV VOI it is solved and I again can hear pilots and the can talk to me.
Why this happening and how I can solve it?

Thanks,
Gregory
By Tomas Hansson 840812
#511358 It sounds like a typical case of port forwarding issue. Borrowed from the vPilot forum:

Q: I can't hear others, and I am using a router.
A: Ensure you've forwarded UDP port 3290 in your router, for routers that close the port after a timeout. (It doesn't hurt to set up the forwarding for routers that don't have an inactivity timeout.)
By Luke Mullen 1370133
Tomas Hansson 840812 wrote:It sounds like a typical case of port forwarding issue. Borrowed from the vPilot forum:

Q: I can't hear others, and I am using a router.
A: Ensure you've forwarded UDP port 3290 in your router, for routers that close the port after a timeout. (It doesn't hurt to set up the forwarding for routers that don't have an inactivity timeout.)

Having exact same issue. I'll also try forwarding that port Tomas. I'll come back tommorow with results.
Thanks!
By Luke Mullen 1370133
#511465 UPDATE: Forwarding UDP port 3290 did not help.
I controlled a few times yesterday and today, and each time after about 10 - 20 minutes - I cannot hear any pilots. The only way to fix this is by re clicking the RCV VOI thing (Which is very inconvenient as you don't know you are experiencing this issue until a pilot actually asks if you are there)

Very frustrated by this - but thanks for the tip anyway
By Morten Jelle 1012739
#511557 Do you have any antivirus software or firewall installed, that may block the connection?
By Christopher Bennett 977457
#515559 Euroscope requires port 3291 to be opened for ground - air and ground - ground communications not 3290.

EuroScope Wiki - Connection Features