By Jonas Kuster 1158939
#519390 Hi Ray

It seems you are trying to explore the features of ES straight forward. This is nice to see. However, since your questions are on a basic level (obviously as you reported to have just started using ES), I would propose you to choose to read first the documentation: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index ... =Main_Page. There is also a search function available which will most probably answer your questions for a while. Thereafter, I suggest you to register for a training session in your local vACC to learn more about the functions of ES in detail. I guess this will be more effective. Also check that the files provided fit the requirements of ES. There should be a sct and an ese file. Sector files for VRC may work only limited. From your screenshot, it looks like the data format wasn't meant for ES or the sct file content couldn't be read properly.

Regards
Jonas
Last edited by Jonas Kuster 1158939 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ray Trac 1397898
#519391 Jonas,

The the sct, ese, and rwy files should be good. ZLA ARTCC uses VRC, so no training for ES. Also, when I try accessing some articles on the wiki, it gets an error:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Database::fieldExists". MySQL returned error "1030: Got error 28 from storage engine (mysql.wla.hu)".

The error didn't happen yesterday so idk what's up with that.

Sincerely,
Ray Trac
By Andreas Fuchs 810809
#519392 No, that's not what you need to check. You need go to the "Other SET" ==> "Active airports/runways" and then set the airport(s) active that you want to control, including the runways that you wish to operate for what purpose.

The menu item looks like this:

Indeed the Wiki seems to have a problem, I am getting the same error message here today. It may be back later or tomorrow, fingers crossed.
By Jonas Kuster 1158939
#519394 I informed Gergely (ES developer) additionally via mail asking him to fix the wiki issue.

There are more files provided for a ES package than just sct/ese. I.e. like a pof file for VRC, there is a text file (or multiple files as the content may be splitted) containing the voice channels and many more settings. So if your ARTCC doesn't provide this data format, this will be a quite difficult task which requires some knowledge about the data structure of these two clients. You will have to transfer everything manually from the VRC format, which I honestly think isn't reasonable.

And be aware, even if the file type seems to be similar (sct for both VRC and ES), the required format inside is partly different. They are not interchangeable.
By Andrew Ogden 1336925
#519426 Aircraft will only appear on the departure list if they are in your airspace. Somehow, Euroscope thinks your airspace is somewhere it shouldn't be.
Have you checked that your callsign is correct and is including at least part of the ICAO code for the airport? If it is, then have you checked that the correct position is selected in the sector ownership dialogue? It looks like this:

As you see, I have checked that NZAA_TWR owns Auckland Tower and the traffic should now appear in the departure list. It should automatically be doing this with you, but you might as well check. It could also be a problem with the sector file not having these ownership settings set up properly.

Cheers,