By Rahul Parkar 1105594
#521036 I'll tell you what, I appreciate all the work that Christoph has put into this so far. He's really done a fantastic job and who could blame him for wanting to take a break (even if he does decide to check us out every now and again and see how the thread is going).

I'll be more than happy to take the latest update that Sachin has provided and update it with any updates you guys have in the mean time.

Once I have the first set of changes I'll provide you all a link to download and we'll go from there, I'm more than willing to keep this going as I still use VATSpy and will do as AccuMap doesn't quite suit my needs (even though it's a brilliant piece of software)

Cheers!
Rahul
By Sachin Gnath 1260885
Rahul Parkar 1105594 wrote:I'll tell you what, I appreciate all the work that Christoph has put into this so far. He's really done a fantastic job and who could blame him for wanting to take a break (even if he does decide to check us out every now and again and see how the thread is going).

I agree with you Rahul, IMO if Chris needs a break let him take it after all this is just a volunteer work.

Rahul Parkar 1105594 wrote:I'll be more than happy to take the latest update that Sachin has provided and update it with any updates you guys have in the mean time.

Thanks for stepping up.
By Alex Long 891981
#521051 After discussions with Ross Carlson, and a few volunteers coming forward, Caribbean Division (VATCAR) has officially taken on responsibility of future VAT-Spy updates. URL for this project is http://vatspy.vatcar.org/.
By Christoph Reule 1379750
Alex Long 891981 wrote:After discussions with Ross Carlson, and a few volunteers coming forward, Caribbean Division (VATCAR) has officially taken on responsibility of future VAT-Spy updates. URL for this project is http://vatspy.vatcar.org/.

Alex,

does this also refer to updates on airport data?

IMO, won't it be easier to catch such requests (delete, add or modify airports) here at a separate forum thread? They could be fetched up regularly, transformed in "XML snippets" and sent to you via mail. Requirement: users must provide valid proofs for their requests.

What do you think?
By Alex Long 891981
Christoph Reule 1379750 wrote:
Alex Long 891981 wrote:After discussions with Ross Carlson, and a few volunteers coming forward, Caribbean Division (VATCAR) has officially taken on responsibility of future VAT-Spy updates. URL for this project is http://vatspy.vatcar.org/.

Alex,

does this also refer to updates on airport data?

IMO, won't it be easier to catch such requests (delete, add or modify airports) here at a separate forum thread? They could be fetched up regularly, transformed in "XML snippets" and sent to you via mail. Requirement: users must provide valid proofs for their requests.

What do you think?

Christopher-
Any and all data associated with VAT-Spy we're maintaining, this includes Airports. We have two methods for data submission, either direct email or the preferred method of a pull request via GitHub.